Tax Manager – United Kingdom London/Aberdeen:
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The primary responsibilities for role are set out below. You should be prepared to be flexible and be willing to undertake additional responsibilities and provide support to the International Tax Department, as required.
– Manage and optimise the company’s effective tax rate and cash tax by minimising the impact of foreign taxes on operational results
– Implement corporate tax strategy in the UK.
– Become familiar with the Halliburton business in order that tax planning and compliance is undertaken with a sound knowledge of the commercial environment.
– Participate in/instigate tax planning including collaborating with management to recommend and effect corporate structural changes
– Review of project contracts, bids and tenders and tax advice to the business in this respect, in particular assessing business needs in new locations and considering the compliance/tax registration implications.
– Manage UK tax affairs to ensure compliance with local and US law, including conducting reviews into internal controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley Act 404.
– Monitor changes/developments in US and international tax laws and recommend changes necessary/desirable as a result of developments.
– Manage all tax compliance related activities in UK ensure all tax returns/payments are reviewed and filed/paid in a timely manner tax returns, managing tax audits and all correspondence with tax authorities.
– Ensure that appropriate monthly and annual tax accruals are adequately maintained.
– Engaging tax advisers, managing fees and maintaining good relationships with advisers.
– Assisting with other ad hoc advisory and project work, as required.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
– Strong corporate tax background, with a reasonable level of experience in international tax
– Several years experience in tax, either in the profession or industry.
– Outgoing and confident personality and the ability to deal with and present to senior management within the business, Revenue Authorities and external advisors.
– Innovative with strong technical skills.
– At least one of either: a recognised accounting qualification; ATT; CTA; ADIT, Accountancy or Legal Qualifications in Taxation, HM Inspector of Taxes exams.
– IT skills
– US tax / tax accounting experience
– Skills / knowledge of SAP
– Excellent communicator (verbally and in writing)
– Team Player
– Able to drive through initiatives and be a “Problem solver”
– Able to prioritise, in particular Tax Dept responsibilities, and work on own initiative.
– Flexibility and ability to work to deadlines.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Building 4, Chiswick Park, London, London, W4 5YA, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 16884
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: Aberdeen, Scotland
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
About the Company:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With more than 72,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in approximately 80 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production through the life of the field.