Underwriting / Collection officer
Salary: Up to 12k based on experience
Location: DIFC, Dubai
Contract type: Permanent
Our Client is a leading brand in the Automotive industry, with production plants in most countries and a presence in almost every market.
They are seeking an Underwriting / Collections Officer to join the team in Dubai.
The role holder is responsible mainly for evaluating credit applications worthiness for financing requests. In-charge of recovering the debts and accrued overdue amount of existing retail customer or other creditors and is required to manage the delinquent accounts in all business areas in line with assigned target.
• Assess background information on the client
• Calculate possible risks
• Local market experience of credit policies and usage of compliance and credit bureau systems.
• Evaluate applicants for financing leading for decision or recommendation on Approve or reject.
• Suggest policies changes and improvements
• Keep detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made
• Liaise with Risk Manager for risk assessments
• Support all related processes in the collections and recovery areas
• Contact delinquent customer and follow up until recovery of due amounts
• Take up periodic agreed targets and monitor for progress
• Actively liaise with internal and external stakeholders
• Identify delinquent accounts and follow up recovery
• Conduct field visits and field collection activities
• Contact and follow up on delinquent customer for collection update
• Initiate and follow up with the courts, traffic departments etc when required
• Daily reconciliation of accounts / contract are in delinquency
• Ensure regulatory and BMW Group compliance
• Establish professional relationships with collection agencies
• Support of other new business area and supporting other daily business activities
• Other ad hoc duties and project work as required
• Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
• Analytical and detailed assessment skills
• Financial information and credit risk evaluation.
• Ability to explain financial matters
• Banking and financial industry knowledge for local market
• Negotiation for financial settlement plans
• Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
• Good communicator with a tactful manner
• Competence in Microsoft Office products
• Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
• Team player
• High commitment of delivery and completion of assigned tasks
• Excellent English, Arabic speakers desirable
• Pro-activeness and out of the box thinking during discussions
• Level of education: Bachelor degree
• Level of working experience: Underwriting experience 3-5 years is a must; collections experience 1-3 years in banking industry is a preferred
About the Company
Kershaw Leonard is committed to finding First Class people for its World Class Clients. Since our inauguration in September 1999, We have become well-respected specialists for all aspects of Human Resource Consultancy and Recruitment, and bring a standard of professional conduct (through the Recruitment Employment Confederation UK) to the industry here in the Middle East. Our qualified Consultants deliver a unique quality of service that is designed to meet the individual needs of both Candidates and Clients.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover permanent, temporary and contract staff, and Executive Search, in the following sectors:
Senior Executives and Directors; Design; Engineering and Construction; Finance and Banking; Human Resources and Training; IT and Telecoms; Legal; Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Media; Office Management; Retail; Sales and Marketing and Secretarial and Business Support.