Amethi: A husband-wife duo, who suffered critical injuries after a fire broke out at their residence in Mau in area here, died at a hospital in Lucknow, police said today.
Jami police station SHO
R P Shahi said that Amit Singh (35) and his wife Baby Singh (32) were trapped in the fire that broke out on Thursday following a short circuit while they were sleeping.
The couple was rushed to a trauma centre in Lucknow where they succumbed last evening, he said.
In another incident, bodies of a 5-year-old child and an adult were recovered near their respective houses in Musafirkhana town here, police said today.
The duo went missing and could not be traced even after searching by the police.