Hyderabad: An 18yr old DJ committed suicide in Santoshnagar by hanging himself in front of his wife.
K. Karthik Kumar, a resident of Arundathi colony was living with his wife in a single room, and was working with a local music system supplier as a DJ mixer and operator said Police.
“He brought home a phone on March 15 saying that it belonged to his friend. After using it for a month he sold it for Rs 5,500 to his aunt, Durga Devi. However, on Friday, the police came to Durga Devi saying that there was a complaint that the phone was stolen. She, along with her husband Chennaiah and two cops from Kanchanbagh police station reached Karthik’s place and took him to the police station. He returned in the afternoon and told his wife that the cops would come for him at 5 pm. But they did not come,” said SI K. Ravi.
He added, “On Sunday he returned from work and his wife told him to give the phone to its owner. Karthik then tied her up and as she was watching hanged himself on the ceiling fan with a scarf”.
His wife called for help and their neighbor Chery rushed in said the Police. The SI said, “It is not clear whether he committed suicide or was trying to frighten his wife”, adding to it he also said investigation in on.
The police registered a case under Section 174 (suspicious death) of CrPC (code of criminal procedure).
Distress helplines in City:
Hyderabad Police Whatsapp 9490616555 or can dial 100 for help.
• Cyberabad Police: SHE teams Whatsapp no: 9490617444.
• Rachakonda Police: SHE teams Whatsapp no: 9490617111.
• Roshini Helpline, Secunderabad: Contact nos: 040-66202000/ 66202001, Timings 11am to 9pm, Monday to Saturday.
• Bhoomika Helpline, Baghlingampally: Contact nos: 040-27605316, 27660173, Mobile: 9618771565,
Toll free: 18004252908.
• Life Counselling Center, Jubilee Hills.Contact nos: 78930 78930, 9849215195 (24/7 lifeline)