Monday , July 24 2017
Home / News / Hyderabad / Hyderabad: Old city teenage boy dies of electric shock

Hyderabad: Old city teenage boy dies of electric shock

Courtesy: The News Minute

Hyderabad: In an accident happened in the old city, near Hussain Alam, a 19-year-old youth died of electric shock on Saturday night after his dog’s iron leash got entangled with an electric pole.

Identified as P Revanth, a resident of Kabutarkhana in Old City went out to walk his pet. “When Revanth went out for a walk, the dog went near an electric iron pole, when the incident took place. As the dog was wearing a leather belt around its neck, the dog did not get hurt, but Revanth who was holding the iron leash, got electrocuted,” Inspector G Shyamsundar told TNM.

He further said that five people were standing nearby, and went to rescue him with the Bamboo sticks, but all their efforts went in vain. Revanth was declared brought dead on reaching the Osmania General Hospital.

Officials of the electricity department told that the bad insulation can be a cause of the incident. Following a complaint by the family, a case has been registered under section 174 of the CrPC (suspicious death).

“Though it looks like an accident, we are still going ahead with an investigation to find out if it was the fault of the electricity department. Only after that, police will register a relevant case accordingly,” the Inspector added.

In March this year, a 13-year-old boy had died of electric shock after he was taking a selfie while standing on top of a railway coach at Moula Ali.