Mumbai: Actress Kangana Ranaut, who is locked in a bitter legal battle with actor Hrithik Roshan, finally recorded her statement on Saturday and his legal team says a lot of delay and drama has happened before this first step.
“We welcome the move. It has taken so long for them to take this basic first step. Recording of statement is the first step in any investigative process. A lot of delay and drama has happened before this first step.
“It’s not for them to say if police is happy with them or not, let that come from the investigative agencies. Let’s not try and confuse the matter further with various statements. Let the investigation speak for itself,” said Hrithik’s lawyers in a statement.
Kangana was asked to visit the Cyber Cell to record her statement but had been delaying it for a long time. However, she finally recorded it before a police team that came to her residence.
However, post recording her statement, Kangana’s lawyer Rizwan Siddique said she is fully convinced that there is no impostor, who sent the emails as Hrithik claims.
“My client Kangana Ranaut shall never succumb to any pressure….. The world including people from the film industry need to learn that in today’s changing time, no woman is scared of anything if she is fiercely determined, and has the truth by her side.”
“My client knows and is fully convinced that there is no impostor as had there really been one, than Hrithik himself would have immediately acted on my client’s sister complaint which he received on his correct email id on May 25, 2014,” he said, adding “his own acts of commissions and omissions after receipt of the said emails from my client’s sister, coupled with his blatant lies from time to time, speak volumes of his conduct”.
“A lot of things will soon unfold in due course of time,” he added.