Milk – 1 Liter
Sugar – ½ Cup
Almonds – 1½ Tbsp
Cream/Malai – 4 Tbsp
Cardamom – 4-5 Pods
Saffron – Few Strands
Pistachio – 1½ Tbsp
1. Start by heating a pan with the milk. Once it gets a roaring boil, add a huge tablespoon of it to the saffron and keep aside.
2. Now add the cream to the milk, stir well and cook in medium-high flame until it reduces to half, most probably about 20 minutes.
3. Once its reduced to half, add the chopped nuts and sugar. Stir well and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Switch off the flame, add the cardamom and let it cool to room temperature. Add to the kulfi moulds and freeze for 5-6 hours. You can insert bamboo sticks after 2-3 hours as well.
5. Take the kulfi moulds out, use a butter knife and loosen the edges. Serve and enjoy.