1. 1 pt (16 FL oz) Half and Half or Evaporated Milk
2. 16 oz Cool Whip (Whipped Cream Topping)
3. ¼ cup of warm milk
4. 1/2 cup skim milk
5. 2 slices of White Bread with the sides cut off
6. 6-7 tablespoons of sugar
7. 1/2 cup of almonds soaked and peeled
8. 1/2 cup of Shelled Pistachios
9. 1 Teaspoon of Saffron Threads
10. 6 Green Elaichi(cardamoms) shelled
11. Kiddie Plastic Popsicle makers
For Faluda and Syrup:
1. 2 packs Falooda Sev ( this is particular kind of vermicilli/noodles available at the Indian/Asian Grocery)
2. Rooh Afza Red Rose Syrup or any other Rose Syrup (Available at the Indian/Asian Grocery)
Soak almonds overnight and peel them.
Peel the cardamoms and take out the seeds. Soak the cardamom seeds & the saffron threads in the warm milk for an hour.
Coarsely grind the pistachios. Set aside.
Add all the ingredients (except the Pistachios) in the Blender and blend. You might have to do this in 2 batches to prevent overflow when you blend.
Pour carefully in the Popsicle makers. Take little bit of pistachios in each Popsicle and gently stir it in the crème mix. Freeze.
Before serving run warm water over the Popsicle makers to loosen the kulfi and gently take them out.
Follow the instructions on the packet. Boil water and add the Falooda Sev to it. Let it stay soaked for a few minutes till they are soft and edible.
Drain it and wash it with ice cold water and pour few spoons of the Rooh Afza Syrup to the Falooda.
Spoon Falooda in to individual dishes. Put Kulfi on the falooda sev and add more syrup on top of the kulfi. Garnish with almond and pistachios.
This tastes best if prepared 3-4 days in advance. The flavors of saffron & cardamom is absorbed bettter when it is allowed to sit for a few days.