Rice 2 cup (soaked for half an hour)
Capsicum 2 (sliced)
Mutton 1 kg
Olive oil 4 tbsp
Almond ½ cup
Carrot 2 (grated)
Chicken stock 4 cup
Green cardamom 4
Salt as required
Black pepper 10
Nutmeg 1 pinch
Bay leaf 2
Lemon 4 (sliced)
Ginger powder 1 tsp
Water 1 cup
1. For mandi spice: Add nutmeg, bay leaves, ginger powder, black pepper and clove in a grinder and grind well.
2. Now put mandi spices in a bowl and add lemon, 2 tablespoon oil, 1 cup water and salt.
3. Apply this mixture to the mutton and leave to marinate for a few hours.
4. Then tightly pack with aluminum foil.
5. Now bake in oven for 40 minutes.
6. Take out from oven and cook until water dries.
7. Inflame a piece of coal and place it in the middle of mutton pan.
8. Now drizzle a little oil on coal and immediately cover it tightly.
9. Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add chicken stock and boil for a while.
10. Then add 1 tsp mandi spice.
11. Now add salt and rice and cook till very little water is left.
12. Then mix capsicum and carrot.
13. Cover tightly and steam on very low heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
14. When rice is ready, take it out in platter and put prepared mutton on top.
15. Garnish with almonds and serve hot.
courtesy : khanapakana.com