New Delhi :London police said that at least 58 people who are missing were now assumed to have died in the Grenfell Tower fire.
Commander Stuart Cundy said. “Sadly at this time, there are 58 people who we have been told were in Grenfell Tower on the night that are missing and therefore sadly I have to assume that they are dead.”
He said the number “may increase” and that the “significant” recovery operation is likely to take weeks.
“As soon as we can, we will locate and recover loved ones,” he added.
He also requested the people that anyone who managed to escape from the building, to let authorities know they were safe. Previously thirty people have been confirmed dead.
The 24-storey north Kensington tower block which contain 120 apartments engulfed entirely into fire in the early hours of Wednesday morning that left dozens missing, with families fearing for their lives.