New South Wales: An Australian surfer claimed his iPhone 7 burst into flames and destroyed his car.
According to 7 News reports, Mat Jones, a surfer from the South Coast had left the iPhone 7 under a bunch of clothes in his car and went out for a surf lesson.
When returned, Jones was shocked to find his car filled with smoke.
“As I looked into my car, you could not see inside the car. All the windows were just black,” Jones told Yahoo 7News.
“Pretty much it’s like a big heat wave, just came out of the car. Ash was just coming from inside the pants. Once you unwrapped the pants the phone was just melting inside of it,” explained Jones.
The surf instructor bought the phone just a week ago and asserted that he neither dropped it nor used a foreign charger.
Apple is reportedly aware of the incident and is looking into it.
Samsung, which is Apple’s top rival in the phone market has permanently pulled the plug on its Note series.