Sunday , October 16 2016
Home / Crime / Crime and Accident / Minor boy electrocuted in northeast Delhi

Minor boy electrocuted in northeast Delhi


New Delhi: A four-year-old boy was electrocuted when he came in contact with an air cooler in northeast Delhi’s Nand Nagri area, police said today.

The incident took place around 6 PM yesterday when the victim, identied as Ayan, was playing marbles outside his residence when one of them slipped from his hands and rolled its way close to the rear side of an air-cooler, police said.

When Ayan tried to squeeze through a narrow opening to fetch the marble, he came into contact with the cooler and was electrocuted. His grandmother raised an alarm, following which the boy was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him dead, police said.

Ayan’s father works as a tailor in a factory in Nand Nagri area and his parents were not around when the incident took place.

“We have registered a case under Sections 287 (negligent conduct with respect to machinery) and 304A (causing death by negligence) of IPC against unknown persons in connection with the incident,” DCP (Northeast) A K Singla said.

Read Also


Five members of a family from Rajasthan killed in accident