New Delhi: After sporting layers of make-up for hours you may want to use a soft and natural make-up cleanser to get rid it. Use cucumbers and yogurt, which can act as natural make-up cleansers and leave your skin safe and glowing, says an expert.
Manisha Chopra, co-founder of SeaSoul Cosmeceuticals, offers some tips on home-made cleansers that can leave your skin soft and clean.
* Oil cleansers: Use of oils such as coconut oil and olive oil can cleanse your skin thoroughly, removing all sorts of make-up applied on your face. Apart from the make-up, these oils remove dust and dirt settled on your face without over-drying it.
* Milk: Milk helps you to gently get rid of dirt and acts as the best make-up remover for sensitive skin. This is one of the most affordable options for removing make-up and keeping your skin refreshed.
* Cucumbers: This vegetable is one of the most popular ingredients in skincare. It is known to be a cooling agent due to its high-water content. Grated cucumber can be used as a cleanser and if you want to get rid of that pigmented lipstick, add a little bit of milk or olive oil to the mixture.
* Yoghurt: Yoghurt not only helps in relieving stubborn sunburns but also acts as a good cleanser. Dip cotton balls into plain yoghurt and rub them all over the skin. Rinse off with cool water.
*Honey and baking soda: Honey is well-known for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. On a clean cloth put some honey and sprinkle baking soda on it. This is one of the best ways to remove all the make-up and dirt from your face.
* Rose water: Apply rose water on cotton balls and gently wipe your face and neck before you’re off to bed. This magic potion not only leaves a good fragrance of rose but also keeps all the dirt at bay.
* Bananas: If there are ripe bananas at home, do not throw them away. Mash them into a paste and apply them onto your face. Keep the mash on for five minutes and rinse well with a warm wash cloth. This helps to remove all the make-up and keeps your skin smooth and hydrated.
* Avocados: Avocado oil is commonly found in make-up removers. Not just the oil, the fruit can also be used directly on your skin to remove any heavy mascara and other eye make-up.
* Aloe Vera Gel: Pure Aloe Vera Gel is a great natural make-up remover. You can also put the gel in the fridge and soak it in cotton balls to make a quick and effective compress for tired and puffy eyes.