Wednesday , August 23 2017
Home / News / India / NIA’s no objection to discharge Sadhvi Pragya from Malegaon blast

NIA’s no objection to discharge Sadhvi Pragya from Malegaon blast

Picture Courtesy: India tv

Mumbai: The Mumbai court has been informed by NIA (National Investigation agency) today that they don’t have any objection to discharge Sadhvi Pragya from Malegaon bomb blast.

“We have not objected to her discharge plea and in the charge sheet we have already said that there is no prosecutable evidence against her,” a special NIA prosecutor Avinash Rasal said. She approached the court in order to get a discharge from the allegation of the bomb blast in the earlier month of May, reported India tv.

He further informed that the court is likely to hear the case on May 29. She had moved the special court on May 3, after the Bombay high court granted her bail on April 25 observing that “prima facie no case was made out against her.”

NIA has dropped all the charges against Sadhvi Pragya and five others, who were charged under MCOC (Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime) Act last year. They had said, “sufficient evidence have not been found against Sadhvi and five others,” during the investigation.

A bomb blast took place in Malegaon town in Nashik district on September 29, 2008. Where six were killed and hundred got injured. Twelve people, including the Sadhvi and Army Lieutenant Colonel Prasad Shrikant Purohit, were arrested for their alleged roles in the blast.

They were booked under stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act, Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), besides various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

The supreme court had directed a special court to exclusively hear the case of the blast.

Sadhvi, who is currently undergoing treatment at Khushilal Ayurvedic Hospital for cancer, was released on April 27 from the judicial custody in Bhopal.