Vijayawada: Looking unperturbed over the Hyderabad court’s order seeking fresh investigation into the cash-for-vote case, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said there was nothing new in it.
“What’s new? Nothing. My lawyer will look into it,” Chandrababu said here when asked about the court’s order. He did not comment further as he left for Anantapuramu district.
On Monday, the special court for Anti-Corruption Bureau cases in Hyderabad ordered a fresh investigation into the over a year old cash-for-vote case in response to a petition filed by YSR Congress MLA Alla Ramakrishna Reddy.
The case had created enough political shocks for the Telugu Desam Party in Telangana last year with Naidu accusing the TRS Government of illegally tapping phones.
On May 31, ACB arrested Revanth Reddy, Bishop Sebastian Harry and Rudra Udaya Simha when they were allegedly handing over an advance sum of Rs 50 lakh to Stephenson.
A chargesheet filed by the ACB on July 28 last year mentioned TDP chief Naidu’s name, but not as an accused.
An audio tape of Naidu’s purported conversation with Stephenson over phone on May 30, a day before the ACB arrested Revanth, found its way to the media. Ramakrishna Reddy has submitted to the court a forensic lab report “confirming” that the voice in the tape was that of Chandrababu Naidu. The court has sought investigation report by September 29.