New Delhi: One person was electrocuted and four others sustained serious burn injuries on Thursday when an electrical wire fell on the audience at a fair in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The incident happened past Wednesday midnight in Saharanpur when a packed house was enjoying a Russian dance performance. The fair was organised by the Saharanpur Municipal Corporation.
An official told IANS that the condition of the four injured was critical. The show abruptly ended amid chaos.
A police official said the tragedy occurred when some persons tried to go near the stage. One of them tripped on a live wire, which snapped.