Barasat (WB): A man was killed and two others suffered serious burns after fire engulfed the ground and first floor of a popular restaurant in Jessore road near here.
According to the district police sources, the incident took place following leakage in the gas cylinder. Both the ground and first floors of the eatery were gutted, while three persons received serious burn injuries.
The injured were immediately rushed to the state-run R G Kar Medical College Hospital, where one of them succumbed, the police said.
A case in this connection has already been registered in the North 24-Parganas district, the sources said.