Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q)
Under the general direction of the Finance Manager, the Accountant is responsible for assisting in the preparation and administration of various financial books and records of the Finance Department in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Provides the highest possible customer service standards and acts as a liaison with all departments and their external collaborators in relation to financial transactions.
• Prepare adjusting and closing entries for fiscal year end, including all appropriate analyses and documentation for the ledger accounts. Assist in the preparation of appropriate comparative reports and obtains related fluctuation explanations.
• Prepares error free variety of monthly, quarterly, year end and ad-hoc financial schedules and reports as required by management and funding institutions. Prepares various analyses and reconciliations to provide periodic status, utilization trends.
• Ensures adherence to all US generally accepted accounting principles, and WCMC-Q and WCMC accounting practices and reporting requirements.
• Assists auditors in performing their audit procedures and in resolution of their queries.
• Maintains various internal controls over the assets of the College’s research / academic activity including review and approval of documentation and accuracy of various accounting records such as journal entries, purchase orders and disbursements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field Experience
• Three or more years experience of professional level accounting experience in the areas of revenue, expense, assets and liabilities.
• Three or more years experience in computerized accounting environment with SAP or similar ERP software.
• Experience with Microsoft office products; including word processing, presentation software and spreadsheets.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Attention to detail and multitasking abilities, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Must possess excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Previously demonstrated basic proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and data
About the Company:
Founded in 1898 and affiliated with what is now New York – Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH) since 1927, Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) is one of the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the U.S. It is committed to excellence in research, teaching and patient care, and the advancement of the art and science of medicine.
In addition to the degree in medicine, Weill Cornell offers PhD programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences; a joint MD-MBA program with Cornell’s Johnson School of Management; and a joint MD-PhD program with Rockefeller University and Sloan-Kettering Institute.
Click Here For Apply Now