• Basic knowledge of standard engineering practices.
• Basic experience in the implementation of SCADA systems and should have worked as a Technician on at least 1 project on implementing site wide SCADA associated with District Cooling and District Cooling plant components like: Chillers, Cooling towers, Pumps, Heat exchangers, Pre-insulated piping system, Thermal energy storage and SCADA systems.
• Knowledge of basic instrumentation related standards; Some working knowledge of DCS, PLC and SCADA/HMI control system software, hardware and architecture.
• Fluent in English, with good written and oral communication skills.
• Basic Knowledge of profibus, Modbus, OPC & industrial Ethernet networks.
• Familiar with engineering documentation like Piping and Instrument Diagram, Hookup drawing, cable/JB/DCS schedule, I/O list etc. Should be able to read these documents to successfully Operate, troubleshoot and identify faults, and to lead the maintenance technicians to do so.
• Knowledgeable in principle of operation of Flow meters, gas Detectors, Pressure transmitters, Temperature transmitters, Pressure switches, Flow transmitters and other instruments connected with the District Cooling Plant.
• Should have operated SIEMENS, SCHNEIDER, Rockwell, Wonder ware or similar PLC/SCADA. Should know how to check and change operating set points and other control parameters, monitor Lead-Lag sequences, check and monitor plant operating parameters, error logs, etc, and report anomalies to the Engineer on Duty. Create daily reports of the plant operations and submit for client and management review.
• Should be able to identify the need for verification and calibration of instrumentation readings as part of Planned Preventive Maintenance as well as Corrective Maintenance. Should be well conversant in handling and maintaining calibration and test instruments that would be used in day to day operations and maintenance of the district cooling plant and associated SCADA systems.
• Education: As a minimum, a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, or Instrumentation / Electronics Engineering with Major in Control Systems and Industrial Electronics
• Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in O&M of various SCADA systems in District Cooling environment
• Note: If a candidate has no diploma, then ITI or trade certification is acceptable if the candidate has experience in O&M of SCADA for District Cooling Plants
About the Company
Mosanada UGL – the only facilities management specialist in the region with experience of handling large-scale, complex projects. Mosanada UGL is a joint venture between Aspire Katara Investments, Qatar Olympic Committee and UGL Services.
Mosanada UGL provides integrated facilities management services in Qatar, from inception of build design through to disposal of the property.