Standard Chartered Bank – UAE
The role holder is responsible for supporting the Chief Executive Officer, Middle East (Jordan, Iraq, Egypt and Lebanon) in the development and execution of the business, people plans and priorities across Jordan and Non GCC Cluster (Jordan, Iraq, Egypt and Lebanon) ensuring these are aligned to the business/functional strategies, global business strategy and Regional Priorities.
Deliver Superior Financial Performance
* Work with the management team to identify and analyse strategic opportunities.
* Coordinate, prepare and create strategic reviews and business plans.
* Work with the management to prepare presentations and reports for a range of recipients including regulators, external parties and for senior internal committees.
* Track performance, development and implementation of business critical issues and initiatives
* Engage with regional teams to co-ordinate geographically driven initiatives
* Assist in the annual revenue and cost budget process. Provide financial analysis as required.
* Provide timely and succinct updates on issues or projects.
* Manage CEO budgets in relation to CEO internal and external engagement activities.
Continuously Improve the Way we Work
* Assist the Senior Management in proactively identifying and mitigating risks, manage and improve the risk and compliance environment leading to highest quality standards of risk management consistent with both internal and regulatory policies.
* Conform with the global approach to control, issue resolution and communication by working with control functions
* Oversee activities including Audits – ensuring satisfactory closure of audit and operational risk points
* Support development and execution of the people plans and HR priorities across Non GCC, ensuring these are aligned to the business/functional strategies, global people strategy and regional Priorities.
* Assist the CEO to drive improvement of governance environment including close monitoring of regulatory projects.
* Quality assure pieces of work for CEO, including briefings for meetings
Strengthen our right partner relationships
* Drive local regulatory initiatives and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
* Ensure no fails of external and internal audits and inspections
* Work to embed a risk / compliance culture that supports the Bank’s strategy
* Work on specific projects / deep dives and ensure follow through, particularly when thematic issues arise (working with relevant CMT members in Non GCC)
Reinforce the Brand and Culture
* Facilitate effective communication across the Non GCC cluster and across all areas of the Bank.
* Support the deployment of Group people policies, products and processes to drive engagement thereby driving business performance.
* Supporting delivery of Specific Projects & Priorities (e.g. D&I Strategy, Strategic Workforce Planning, My Voice Engagement follow-through, communication strategy, internal communication agenda, etc)
* Ad hoc – Research / Draft Presentations / Strategy Papers (e.g. Quarterly Business Performance Reviews, etc)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
* Strong interpersonal skills, capable of developing relationships with individuals across the Bank at all levels and comfortable in managing through influence
* Project management experience, or able to demonstrate ability in managing numerous tasks and projects simultaneously and delivering quality outcomes to strict timelines
* Ability to ‘synthesise’ information from different sources and produce concise summaries of the key messages into high quality papers for Senior Boards and committees.
* Strong awareness and analytical skills. Ability to distil information to identify key trends and issues and to propose solutions or actions to take advantage of opportunities
* Sound judgement, sensitivity, persuasion and interpersonal skills
* Experience of cross functional businesses and projects
* Experience of managing people including Senior Management expectations, standards and quality
* Understanding of Governance responsibilities of the CEO including but not limited to key products, key roles, Operating Model and Strategic Agenda
* Ability to understand financials (e.g. interpreting financial statements, budgeting, project accounting)
* Ability to travel and visit countries within Non GCC and others as required.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
* All management members of the Non GCC Cluster and their teams.
* Key members of Regional functions-strategy team etc.
* Key members of businesses.
* Local Regulators in all the cluster
* Media in all the cluster
* Research firms in all the cluster
* Uses knowledge, communication and relationship skills to positively influence key business decisions
* Leverages networking skills to form effective relationships with key Stakeholders
* Ability to stand up for what is right, in the face of adversity
* Excellent communication : clear oral and written skills; effective questioning and active listening
* Strong facilitation skills at an individual and team levels
* Multi-tasking, prioritisation, organisation, time keeping, listening.
* Data analytics and presentation skills (e.g. drafting decks and speaking notes)
* Strong work orientation, taking ownership to deliver on time every time.
* Relationship building
* High level of confidentiality
* Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required
* Proactive, takes the initiative and effectively deals with resistance
* Highly driven and inquisitive, setting stretching goals for self and continually pushing for results
* Role model the values and demonstrates a strong moral compass in all decision making
* Ability to sell ideas, flexing approach for different audiences
* Strong team orientation, working effectively in virtual International teams
* Enjoys challenges and strives to Continuously Improve the Way we Work
* Trusted, credible partner
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group\\\\’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.