Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Qatar. Scope of work includes roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV and LV) networks, potable water network, sewerage network, storm water drainage network and other infrastructure.
The CAD technician will be responsible for all drafting work required to finalize changes in design, IFC and the as-built drawings. He will perform basic to complex drafting assignments requiring a thorough knowledge of drafting standards, practices, and techniques. He will be involved in the preparation of drawings as needed during construction and the preparation of the final as-built drawings.
• Performs basic drawing layout and plan drawings from sketches prepared by designers using CAD, Micro Station and Civil 3D platforms.
• Performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
• Adjusts or changes to drawings as directed during advanced planning stages and actual construction.
• Using CAD, Micro Station and Civil 3D draws and letter charts and diagrams for the presentation of various statistical data; ensure standard presentation.
• Liaise with Engineers about the drafting requirements.
• Involved in preparation, checking and record keeping of the as-built drawings and records.
• Files and maintains drawings and diskettes as directed by the SRE/RE; ensure proper backup and archiving.
• Completes additional duties as assigned.
• Minimum high school diploma but candidates with diploma of associate engineer will be given preference.
• Appropriate and recognized diploma/certification in Auto CAD/Micro Station and Civil 3D.
• 5 years of demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Civil 3D, Micro Station and CAD experience is a must.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.