OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: To reduce public health risks and contribute to a life with dignity for Syrian refugees in Jordan through the Hygiene promotion activities, construction of water, sanitation and hygiene facilities for Syrian refugees in Jordan.
JOB PURPOSE: To work in a team of Public Health promotion, in the design and implementation of water, sanitation, hygiene and protection, monitor public health promotion activities and ensure that projects objectives are met. Moreover, to strengthening accountability both at community and Oxfam levels and ensure that support is extended to the refugees families i.e. men, women, female-headed households to benefit from the projects. Participate in further assessments as required and contribute to emergency water, sanitation and hygiene activities.
Location :The job is located in Za’tari Camp
1. Facilitate and brief community groups on hygiene promotion activities
2. Support the reporting of protection issues and referral to other agencies in targeted area;
3. Work with the MEAL team in developing and strengthening accountability mechanisms at community level;
4. Contribute to the development of context relevant IEC material (Information Education Communication);
5. Conduct training of community groups (adult and children) on context relevant and culturally appropriate IEC material (Information, Education, Communication) promoting key public health practices and messages about WASH infrastructure such as the Water Network.
6. Conduct data collection related to public health and protection indicators (at household and community level);
7. Contribute in timely and quality reporting on WASH and protection project activities
8. Assist in collecting best practices, case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
9. Conduct reviews, learning events, surveys at project locations.
10. Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line manager.
11. Actively participate in weekly management and team meetings.
12. To assess emergency needs, as requested, especially taking in the broader perspective of Public Health.
13. To liaise closely with the Public Health Engineering Team throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of the Public Health Programme.
14. To report regularly, verbally and in writing to the Programme Manager or Public Health Promotion Team Leader and to represent Oxfam to other NGO’s, agencies and Government authorities where requested.
15. To order equipment from Oxfam’s Purchasing Department as required. Occasionally to organise local purchasing and to keep accounts.
16. To brief press, media, other agency staff and Oxfam supporters as agreed with the Country Representative, Humanitarian Department and Press Office.
17. To be familiar with and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid Code, Oxfam International procedures and other regulatory codes (e.g. InterAction Field Co-operation Protocol).
18. To ensure that all programmes take gender issues fully into account. This includes the introduction of mechanisms to enable women to participate in decision making around public health issues.
19. Identify and supervise technical resources needed to complete the assigned scope of work. Review Hygiene promotion activities and ensure the project stays within assigned schedule and cost targets.
20. With the Public Health promotion Team Leader, establish systems and controls for monitoring of activities assigned and documentation
21. Responsible for keeping a log of all ‘lessons learnt” during the project
22. Provide day to day management of the CM assistants including performance management, recruitment, and any other HR function involved in team management.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• Graduate from a recognised university (Social Science);
• At least 3 years experience of work in emergency or development context projects preferably in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene and/or protection;
• Good knowledge in public health promotion
• Able to collect, enter and analyse data against project indicators;
• Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative assessments;
• Experience of working in a multicultural team;
• Good coordination skills; and strong commitment to gender equality and social justice;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proven knowledge of computerised systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing
• Ability and experience to train people;
• Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn;
• The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations. Diplomacy, tact and administrative skills in order to work with people at managerial and, on occasions possibly senior government levels.
• The post holder should be at ease in working with local communities and Syrian refugees.
• Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
• Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
• Spoken Arabic is essential
• Commitment to humanitarian principles and action and to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
Job Location: Mafraq, Jordan
Company Industry: Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
Job Role: Other
Employment Status: Full time
Employment Type: Employee
Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
Number of Vacancies: 1
Career Level: Mid Career
Years of Experience: Min: 3
Residence Location: Unspecified
Degree: Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Phone Number:962 (0) 775430978
About This Company:
Oxfam is a global movement of people working towards a world without poverty. And we won’t rest until we get the job done. Oxfam Great Britain is a member of Oxfam International, a confederation of 17 independent national organisations working in more than 90 countries. We respond fast in emergencies, and stay to help people rebuild their lives. We work on long-term projects with communities determined to shape a better future for themselves.
And we campaign for genuine, lasting change. Here’s a snapshot of what makes us tick, and how we work – plus links to explore further. We believe in people It ll starts with one simple fact: all human lives are of equal value and full of potential. Experience tells us with the right support and training, people can work their own way out of poverty. We work better together Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do.
Oxfam partners with organisations who have unique local expertise, connections and experience. Doing so not only saves us time and money, but also helps. We’re experienced We’ve been hard at work for 70 years and we work in more than 90 countries*.
But we’re still always willing to learn and keep looking for new ways to make an even bigger difference.
Our history speaks for itself. We’re experts We’re a world expert in providing water and sanitation, and emergency response.
In 2010/11 alone, generous public donations helped us reach 6.5 million people affected by conflict and disasters. We know a thing or two about long-term development and tackling the causes of poverty too! We’re open and transparent We’re humbled by the amazing trust our supporters put in us – but we don’t take it for granted.
We know it matters to you that we’re completely upfront about what we do and how we do it. It matters to us too. Because only by spending every single penny wisely can we be sure that we’re changing the biggest number of lives.