Our client is one of the oldest and well-established family-owned businesses in the Sultanate of Oman with interests in Hotels, Real Estate Development, Engineering & Construction, Facility Management, and Interior Decoration & Furnishing. The successful candidate is expected to carry out the following tasks.
• Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; provide information to external auditors.
• Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collect, analyze, and consolidate financial data.
• Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
• Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• A Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting
• 15 years experience as a finance professional with the last 5 years in a similar role
• A working understanding of construction and real estate project finance is a plus
About the Company
OmanCareers is a talent resourcing and training consultancy service provider, under the management of a’Ryadah Advanced Enterprises. OmanCareers is the first social media initiative in the Sultanate of Oman to offer employment, training, and education opportunities using social networking sites. Social networking is perhaps the quickest and perhaps the most cost effective means of broadcasting and disseminating job vacancy advertisements, training opportunities as well as a marketing and promotional tool for our clients, because it works to bridge the distance between the two parties through the use of social media in an effective manner.