Atkins Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced HSE Manager to form part of the Project Management Consultant (PMC) Project Team based in Fadhili, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The main objective of the PMC is to oversee the Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) Contractor, implement and manage the overall Development Programme, which includes on-site and off-site infrastructure works, and the design, build, own, operate and transfer (BOOT) of a Bachelor Camp. The team shall be expected to assist the Client in ensuring the project is completed within the required timescale, budget and achieve the Client’s quality requirements. The project is expected to last for approximately 3 years.
• Advise, guide and support managers in the implementation of Health & Safety practices both on site and within the office environment
• Prepare and develop the overall project HSE Plan and effectively monitor adherence to HSE guidelines, policies and procedures during the project lifecycle
• Review EPC Contractor’s and Sub-contractors’ HSE Plan and Environmental Management Plan, and provide feedback and recommendation as necessary
• Ensure that the EPC Contractor, Sub-contractors, and other members of the project team observer HSE regulations, wear all required safety equipment, and report HSE violations
• Conduct daily and weekly HSE site inspections
• Attend and contribute at HSE meetings
• Prepare and maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation
• Prepare applicable HSE reports
• Ensure that appropriate Health and Safety training is delivered
• Monitor policies and procedures and report any areas where improvement is required
• Review HSE violations and monitor trends, and provide advise to close HSE violations
• Analyse accidents and identify trends, vulnerabilities and liabilities that can be avoided by preventive techniques and procedures
• Participate in detailed incident investigations and root cause analysis
• Carry out analysis on lessons learned
• Manage and menitor HSE Auditor(s) as necessary
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
• The successful HSE Manager will hold a HSE Bachelor Degree or equivalent
• Be a member of a professional association
• Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the Middle East, preferably Saudi Arabia
• Demonstrable track record of working on high value infrastructure / building projects
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of HSE industry strandards, and Aramco policies and procedures
• Have a “well-rounded profile”, self-assertive, capable of planning activities, analysing information, overseeing processes, coordinating with Contractors and effective management of staff
• Effective in building good working relationships with Clients, Contractors and Project Team members
• Possess technical knowledge and skills to promote a positive health, safety and environment culture
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary;
• Accommodation allowance;
• Transportation allowance;
• 22 calendar days annual leave;
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin;
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doh