Zamil Operations & Maintenance
Determines methods and sequence of operations, maintains, repairs, services and modifies all types of HVAC/R systems and heating equipment fired by propane, gas or oil, where it is required to exercise a complete knowledge of unit and component functions, unit and component rebuilding and modification theory, techniques and practices and system malfunctions; trouble shoots systems to isolate malfunctions; disassembles, repairs or replaces defective parts and makes exacting coordinated adjustments as necessary to maintain overall unit/system efficiency; tests, operates, reworks and makes adjustments to ensure that performance characteristics agree with applicable specifications; makes working sketch of parts by taking measurements directly from equipment in need of repair, records material requirements, and specifies any necessary machining operations for use by others; sets up and operates test equipment, interprets and analyzes test results, diagnoses problems, determines method of repair, and works with related crafts, directing, coordinating and performing required repairs; overhauls HVAC/R systems by repairing or replacing compressors, bearings, pistons, valves, piston rings, condensers, coils, thermostats and related units; checks and calibrates condensers, coils, thermostats and related units; checks and calibrates systems, sets and adjusts controls and regulators, and makes functional tests after major overhaul operations.
Description of Duties and Tasks:
• Overhauls heating equipment by disassembling heater, diagnosing trouble, replacing or repairing worn and faulty parts such as burners, baffles, pilots, governors, floats, strainers, oil pumps and thermocouples.
• Reassembles, installs and functionally tests heating equipment, calibrates and makes any adjustment required.
• Works from blueprints, sketches, manufacturers’ specifications, manuals, verbal instructions and other authorized data.
• Works at various heights.
• Must meet minimum job skills requirements as outlined below to qualify for and hold this classification.
Be able to demonstrate a knowledge or have completed training in the following job skills:
• Blueprint Reading
• Industrial HVAC/R servicing
Essential Job Functions
• Standing: Requires full time standing with limited resting periods and to walk distances. Sit for extended periods if required.
• Heights: Able to work at heights. Able to climb stairs or ladders as required. Able to work off of step stools, scissor lifts, lift platforms and aircraft structure without handrails.
• Overhead work: Able to work overhead as required.
• Weight restriction: Able to Lift/push/pull/carry a minimum of 75 lbs
• Body positioning: Able to twist/bend (neck or waist) and stoop. Able to work in awkward positions as required. Able to squat/kneel/crawl/reach as required.
• Work content: Able to use/hold/manipulate small tools and parts with hands. Simple grasping, power grasping and fine manipulation is required. Able to use vibrating tools and perform torqueing operations. Able to use power equipment. Repetitive tasks will be performed. Able to use computer keyboard, mouse and monitor for extended periods of time.
• Vision/Hearing: High level Hand/Eye coordination required. Eye protection required in many instances. Color differentiation may be required. Must be able to hear at level required for positions.
• Environmental: Able to work around noise/chemicals/fumes/dust. Capable of using respirators/PPE including hearing protection if required. Will be required to work in temperature extremes as needed.
• Attendance: Regular attendance required based on set work schedule. Able to work any shift. Able to operate Vehicles/power equipment as required. Able to work around heavy equipment or machinery.
• Diploma in mechanical Engg/Ref. & Air-conditioning.
• Ten years work experience in general building maintenance, including Five years in commercial HVAC and two years supervisory work experience.
• Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• HVAC tools, materials, and safe work practices.
• HVAC operation, maintenance, and repair.
• Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
• Budget preparation, bid and purchasing procedures, and expense control.
• Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Maintaining an established work schedule.
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
• Supervising and coordinating the activities of subordinate personnel.
• Operating, installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment.
• Estimating time and materials.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Ten years of HVAC work experience.
*** Must be based in Saudi Arabia with a transferable Iqama.
About the Company
Zamil Operations and Maintenance Company, Limited (Zamil O&M) was founded in 1977 by the Al Zamil family. It is a Saudi company owned by Zamil Group (95%) and Eastern Industrial Investment Company (5%). We are among the leading providers of operations and maintenance services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and have executed complex operations and maintenance projects for commercial and government clients throughout the Kingdom even in remote and challenging locations.
Our expertise ranges from operation and maintenance of in-land and off-shore oil drilling facilities, chemical & petrochemical plants, hospitals, universities, residential camps, airports, airbases, engineering services, utilities (including gas metering stations, power stations, waste water, potable water, sea water cooling system, sewage treatment plant) – to renovations of structures in wood concrete and steel – to plantation of gardens, landscapes and lawns – to runway, roads, fence and barrier repairs – to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic equipment overhauls and repairs – to cleaning and janitorial services – to catering and housing operations – to equipment rental and manpower supply.