Global Engineering Projects
Legal Counsel – Singapore
For our Client’s Legal Department we are looking for a qualified lawyer for the position of Legal Counsel. The candidate will be member of an international team reporting directly to the Head of Legal in Singapore and will have a broad variety of responsibilities.
The successful candidate is expected to have a strong commercial and transactional background to provide legal support in connection with the Clients core business activities ranging from business development, tendering and new contracts to projects, supply chain and fleet management. The position will be based in Singapore and will require flexibility and willingness to travel.
– Provide legal assistance in connection with revenue contracts (including EPC and FPSO Lease and Operate contracts); participate in tendering, preparation of clarifications; conducting negotiations and assisting with drafting until final execution; liaise and coordinate input with relevant internal stakeholders including, finance, tax, insurance etc.
– Provide legal assistance relating to matters arising during the project and operation phases, including providing advice to project managers, assisting in connection with extensions and amendments to contracts, with particular emphasis on fleet management and support to contract managers on matters pertaining to contract administration.
– Provide legal support to procurement and supply chain on a variety of subcontracting activities.
– Additionally, provide general legal assistance in connection with on-going and/or ad-hoc contractual issues including: (i) Agreements with partners/ JV’s; (ii) Consultancy agreements; (iii) Intellectual property rights; (iv) Insurance claims; (v) Settlement agreements; etc.
– Assist with the development of standard contracts/contracting principles and policies, training and compliance with contracting principles and policies; Assist in connection with legal and contractual risk reviews.
– Provide legal assistance and manage potential disputes and arbitration/litigation cases.
– Instruct and manage external legal resources as required.
– Professional challenges, opening to get involved and contribute as part of an international team with a global perspective.
– Competitive compensation.
– A good insurance and pension scheme.
– An open and friendly working environment.
– European Law degree (LLB or equivalent) and preferably a masters/postgraduate studies in business or any Oil and Energy and/or Shipping or Offshore related subject.
– Double qualification is regarded as an advantage (preferably admitted to practice in both Norway and England & Wales)
– Minimum 8 years broad experience in legal contractual, commercial/transactional work gained at a top level law firm or in-house legal department within the oil and energy and/or offshore or shipping industry.
– Extensive international work experience is a must.
– In depth knowledge and understanding of the technical, contractual and commercial aspects of converting/building, leasing and operating FPSOs is preferable.
– Excellent academic background combined with analytical skills and commercial approach to resolve contractual and legal issues.
– Extensive international work experience and ability to work with people from different cultures and on different levels.
– Good interpersonal and communications skill, ability to coordinate and manage negotiations in a solution oriented and constructive fashion.
– Ability to work independently but in a collaborative manner and to get things done in a reliable fashion.
– Fluent business and legal English oral and written is required. Other languages are an advantage.
About the Company
Global Engineering Projects is a completely reengineered recruitment company. We utilise the latest technology advancements which enables us to deliver solutions in a way not previously seen in the Engineering sector. Through technology we have reengineered our routes to candidates which has significantly changed the delivery to our clients and our candidate experience.
We have not only changed the way we engage candidates but the candidates that we engage. In an overcrowded recruitment marketplace we believe there is no point in offering our clients what they have already. To add real value to our clients we engage candidates that are exclusive.