Established since 1990, Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, employing over 5,000 people, operating across 70 countries. Its core business is programme and project management, cost consultancy, construction delivery and facilities management. Mace is truly multi-disciplinary with services spanning the entire property and infrastructure lifecycle.
We focus on major, complex or challenging schemes, where we offer genuine value to our clients and exciting opportunities to our staff across the UK, Europe, North America, the Middle East and North Africa, Asia Pacific and Australia.
With industry leading standards, Mace are an innovative organisation renowned for its Clear Values, Client Focus, Pursuit of a Better Way, Integrity and Opportunity, delivering a consistent quality of service worldwide.
We believe it is our relentless passion for finding a better way that helps us to deliver the best projects safely and efficiently, while defining industry best practice.
This is an opportunity to work for Mace International on a major programme of projects in Dubai.
Logistics Project Manager
Key interfaces that the Logistics Manager must ensure early engagement with are the Project Planner; Commercial Managers procuring the works and the Senior Construction Manager on the site.
• Ensure that the Construction teams are fully aware of logistics activities in support of the build program.
• Planning site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently (eg hoarding, gates, site accommodation, cranes, hoists, security, temporary services, material delivery and waste management strategy, catering).
• Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people.
• Create a secure site.
• Responsible for all Traffic Management internally and externally.
• Create operational procedures & method statements.
• Organise site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
• Create a schedule of Logistics meetings and ensure Logistics attendance at Site meetings.
• Planning and integration of Key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme and de-confliction of onsite space and time where appropriate.
• Be capable of managing sub-contractor to deliver their package of goods or services
• Variation control and early communication of foreseeable change.
• Utilise Business Management System procedures.
• Record keeping and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) production.
• Produce Method Statements, Risk Assessments ensure Lifting Plans are produced.
• Define and organise all site signage to the agreed corporate standard.
• Ensure that signage and signage symbols used are internationally recognized.
• Ensure additional languages are used in signage to ensure messages are understood.
• Maintain an asset register of all equipment.
• Ensure all equipment is inspected, maintained and tested to agreed frequencies
Part of the senior management team in a client facing role.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• Major Building Project experience is essential for client approval.
• Extensive UAE experience is essential for client approval.
• 8yrs + of post-graduate experience is essential for client approval
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be required.
• Excellent Leadership qualities are essential.
• Degree Qualifications is essential for client approval.
• Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Please apply for this role now and arrange a time to discuss with Simon Ross in more detail.
Mace is an equal opportunities employer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, offering integrated services across the full property and infrastructure life cycle. Our experts in programme and project management, construction delivery, cost consultancy and facilities management thrive within our collaborative and entrepreneurial culture, constantly striving to find better solutions to complex infrastructure and property challenges.
Our customers are at the core of what we do, and we continue to grow and expand to better serve their property needs across sectors and geographies. Our talented and professional people work from within our customers\’ organisations, constantly asking challenging questions and driving value at every turn. We believe it is our relentless passion for finding a better way that helps us to deliver the best projects safely and efficiently, while defining industry best practice.
Since its beginnings, Mace has endeavoured to find a better way for our clients, communities and the property industry, to constantly challenge the status quo and make the seemingly impossible possible. As an international consultancy and construction company involved in some of the world’s most important and iconic building and infrastructure projects, Mace sees this ongoing dedication to excellence not only as an essential part of what makes the company tick, but also as a responsibility as an industry leader.