Purpose of the Role : To monitor, maintain, support, and optimize of all network hardware, software, and communication links in order to provide maximum performance and availability for system users, and to analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards ensuring a reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
• Installs hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices including routers, wifi controllers and firewalls
• Ensures network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances
• Researches products, recommends software and hardware and points out security glitches
• Ensures that all IT equipment complies with industry standards
• Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
• Identifies, diagnoses and resolves network problems as needed swiftly and efficiently
• Analyses and resolves faults, ranging from a major system crash to a forgotten password
• Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
• Provides training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence if required
• Preferably a male candidate
• Knowledge of networking systems, IP Systems, Wireless and mobiles systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
• A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a similar role
About the Company
The Qatar Museums, is in charge with the oversight and development of the national system of museums for the State of Qatar.
The QM was created in December 2005 to combine the resources of all museums in the country and to further develop their capacity for collection and preservation of historic objects.