The main purpose of this position is to control the area(s) assigned to him, so that refuse collection is executed in the best quality and within the set schedule and operational budget.
• Executes tasks assigned to him by his superior, as per the time schedules and approved operating budget.
• Organizes and distributes work among his team, and supervises the implementation of work plans.
• Determines his area’s needs for non-budgeted resources during unscheduled special occasions requiring extra services, and coordinates with the concerned as per the adopted procedures to provide these resources.
• Coordinates with the concerned, as per the adopted procedures to reduce the expenditure of budgeted resources during unanticipated slow periods.
• Receives complaints and requests for special tasks from his manager, deals with them promptly, and reports feedback.
• Monitors work progress and reports unresolved problems to his manager.
• Suggests modifications on routing plans (Sweep and Collection) and container distribution aiming at the optimization of the refuse collection processes.
• Monitors the performance of his area’s vehicles, Laborers productivity.
• Assesses his subordinates’ performance, determines training needs and suggests disciplinary actions.
• Reviews his subordinates’ work progress reports, and raises a summary report to his manager, on a timely basis.
• On a timely basis, provides his manager with manpower time sheets and request his approval on overtime hours.
• Develops documentation necessary to ensure effective control of health, safety and environmental aspects of all activities and promote HSE awareness within the department
• Ensures quality & safety within functions/ tasks performed by himself and staff reporting to him.
• Responsible for exercising due diligence towards the environment, health & safety of self & others in the organization
• Responsible for complying with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, laws, regulations from customers, regulatory and statutory bodies and those applicable to his/her job requirements
• Responsible for reporting to his/her superiors’ occurrences, events, violations and acts that may affect the environment, health, safety and company reputation.
• Presents material requests, prepared and signed, for the approval of his manager.
• Performs other tasks as required.
Complies with the Health & safety instructions
• Responsible in exercising due diligence towards health & safety of self & others in the organization
• Responsible to comply with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, standards received from regulatory and statutory bodies
• Responsible for reporting to superior occurrences, events, violations and acts that may impact staff health and safety or the environment
PERFORMANCE MEASURES/SUCCESS CRITERIA
• Monitors operational budget at 100%.
• Compliance 100% to HSE procedures.
• Work reports, requests and timesheets are prepared on timely basis.
• Accredited diploma in related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Fluent in English.
• Good planning and organizing skills.
• Excellent computer literacy skills.
• Proficiency in MS applications.
• Problem solving
• Achievement Oriented
• Decision Making
About the Company
Averda is an integrated group of companies covering the collection, treatment, recycling and sanitary landfilling of municipal solid waste, manufacturing, real estate and information technology.
It is considered to be one of the largest Lebanese Companies. Not withstanding its state-of-the-art facilities, Averda’s core asset relies on the acumen of its diverse team of engineers, experts in the operational, technical and environmental fields, financial analysts, and administrators.
Averda encompasses a multi-sector organization for maximum efficiency: Corporate, Utilities, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Information Technology, and Services.