Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
About the company: My client is a Western run Main Contractor that is extremely well respected across the Middle East, having been established there for over 25 years and employing over 1,000 staff and 3,000 labour. Year on year they are growing their headcount due to their growing reputation and award of large scale iconic projects throughout the region. They will typically only ever be involved in tendering for the largest projects currently happening within Civil Engineering throughout the Middle East (Highway / Maintenance / Infrastructure / Roads / Rail / Utilities).
The role will be to lead and undertake the planning function within the UAE division of the business.
The successful candidate will clearly communicate project objectives to the team to ensure clarity of direction, to ensure all parties are clear on priorities and that critical activities are achieved.
The successful candidate will work alongside the commercial team to ensure accurate reporting using Earned Value Management. They will be capable of investigating the results to ensure that data is accurate and representative of progress. They will be able to summarise period and cumulative project positions. They will be capable of troubleshooting when data is not representative.
The successful candidate will work with the project team to produce programmes to demonstrate the impact of change.
The successful candidate will have experience in the review and acceptance or rejection of subcontractor programmes.
Required experience, qualifications & Skills:
• Planning Expertise: Proven ability in Engineering Planning of major Highway Projects demonstrating a detailed working knowledge of construction methods and outputs of bulk earthworks, drainage, pavement, highway structures and associated planning software
• Experience: 15 years planning experience with at least 5 in a Planning Manager capacity
• Experience: Main contractor background
• Qualification’s: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering as a minimum
• Communication: Capable of communicating the programme to the team and gaining buy in to a clear vision of what is required in order to deliver on the projects objectives.
• Project Controls: Experience of working alongside the commercial team to provide accurate reporting of the project position using Earned Value Management.
• Commercial Awareness: Good commercial awareness and thorough understanding of the change process
• Reporting: Implements best practice when it comes to progress reporting using Primavera 6
• Teamwork: Confidently works with the engineering and construction teams to develop detailed plans for critical works. Identifies interfaces and problem areas and can work solutions.
– Excellent communication skills
– Proactive and positive attitude
– Professional approach
– High ethics
– Excellent team worker
– Demonstrates alignment to Company Vision and values
– Negotiable salary (made up of basic salary and housing allowance) dependant on experience
– Family status (Medical / Flights)
– Schooling allowance
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.