The purpose of this position is to provide effective infrastructure access control during both traffic and non-traffic hours for specific maintenance activities.
Structure and reporting relationship:
This role sits within Engineering & Maintenance Department reporting to Infrastructure Access Manager
• Responsible for assisting the Infrastructure Access Manager with the implementation of
• maintenance and other work plans requiring controlled system access
• Responsible for coordinating with the Engineering Controller the establishment of lineside
• worksites – both during operational service hours in the even to of a fault and non-service hours for planned activities, including: screening lineside workers; granting permits to work; access control; checking of required protection equipment; fault handling; site auditing; and worksite coordination
• Responsible for supporting the various system-specific Maintenance Supervisors in facilitating maintenance works and ensuring the availability of the Metro asset
• Maintain accurate records of schedule, work accomplished and other information as required
• Responsible for coordinating with the Engineering Controller the line-clear procedures upon
• completion of works within lineside worksites and ensuring Lineside Person In-Charge’s (LPIC’s) have surrendered their permit to work and all LPIC’s have confirmed that all works have been completed and all the tools and persons are cleared from the work sites;
• Carry out 24-hour on-call responsibility for incidents and emergency within its section;
• Conducting the Nightly briefing for the lineside work.
• Perform shift and emergency duties as required;
• Drive the service car when responding to emergencies and when required on duty
People and Culture
• Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by Infrastructure Access Manager
• Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Safety, Assurance & Environment and Information Security Policy Statements
• Understand the personal responsibilities and contribution of their staff (including subcontractors) in achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System, Competence Management System requirements, control measures and legal requirements;
• Ensure any environmental impacts, job safety analysis, information security risk assessments and competence assessments within their area of responsibility are embedded in the management systems, and communicated to those affected with a complete understanding of the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place;
• Exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare including those affected by the acts or omissions and promote the same within their area of responsibility;
• Use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and ensure that this is also enforced within their departments amongst subcontractors and third parties working in Serco’s controlled premises/systems
• Ensure that a good SAE and Information Security culture is promoted within their departments amongst their peers, subcontractors and third parties
• Lead by example ensuring ways to conserve energy, water and resources that minimize the generation of waste within their area of responsibility
• Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental
• Promote a good SAE and Information Security culture amongst their peers, subcontractors and third parties;
• Conduct regular reviews on the SAE and Information Security Performance within their departments for continuous improvements
• Carry out regular health and safety tours and inspections at various locations
• Ideally a degree holder or diploma in civil engineering or its related discipline or equivalent
• Ability to influence decision-making and possess strong problem solving skills;
• Resilient and calm under pressure;
• Obtain qualification as Line-Person-In-Charge;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
• efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
• Thorough understanding of the use of various scheduling software and ability to interpret
• instructions in a variety of written, verbal, pictorial forms in order to carry out the effective
• coordination and schedules as required;
• Thorough understanding of the range of operating principles associated with Metro infrastructure, rolling stock, signaling systems, and electrification would be a definite advantage;
• Ability to compile routine business correspondence, prepare schedules and notices as required;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of safety issues related to railway operations;
• Hold a valid driving license with a good driving skill and experience
• Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in the maintenance of Metro assets
Additional/special features of the role
Scope and Complexity
• Junior technical position
• Role typically requiring a blend of practical skills, on the job experience and a certificate of technical competence
• Working as part of a team and focusing on specific tasks or aspects of a project
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.