Established since 1990, Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, employing over 5,000 people, operating across 70 countries. Its core business is programme and project management, cost consultancy, construction delivery and facilities management. Mace is truly multi-disciplinary with services spanning the entire property and infrastructure lifecycle.
We focus on major, complex or challenging schemes, where we offer genuine value to our clients and exciting opportunities to our staff across the UK, Europe, North America, the Middle East and North Africa, Asia Pacific and Australia.
With industry leading standards, Mace are an innovative organisation renowned for its Clear Values, Client Focus, Pursuit of a Better Way, Integrity and Opportunity, delivering a consistent quality of service worldwide.
We believe it is our relentless passion for finding a better way that helps us to deliver the best projects safely and efficiently, while defining industry best practice.
This is an opportunity to work for Mace International in a lead role on a major project in one of our largest programmes in the UAE.
Mace International continue to be involved some of the most significant projects in the UAE. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your Project Leadership and Account Leadership career.
Project Director – Exhibition Halls
Reporting to the overall Programme Director, responsible for the leadership, strategy and delivery of a major convention centre / exhibition hall project.
• Provide vision, leadership and direction for the entire project.
• Responsible for overall project management and performance, including planning, design, construction, programme controls and monitoring ensuring programme is delivered to time, budget and specification.
• Responsible for building and sustaining a lean, integrated, collaborative and high performance team who anticipates and responds to the needs of the organisation and key stakeholders.
• Working in a multiple-client facing role with several important stakeholders, responsible for developing the clients’ strategy, through to managing the appointment of the direct team and extended professional team of Local and International Consultants and Contractors.
• Responsible for developing the clients brief, delivery strategy and leading the design management, procurement and execution of the scheme.
Responsible for developing a high performing team that strives for quality, safety, cost and schedule improvements at every opportunity with all delivery partners, challenging and seeking to improve the project deliverables.
• Responsible for seeing that the highest standards of Health and Safety are considered as a priority through all stages of the project.
The successful applicant will need to have experience in coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• Exhibition Hall / Conference Centre / Airport / Terminal / Major Project experience is essential for client approval.
• Extensive UAE experience is essential for client approval.
• Major Project ($250m++) experience is essential.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be required.
• Excellent Leadership qualities are essential.
• Degree Qualifications is essential for client approval.
• Professional Memberships are an advantage but not essential.
Please apply for this role now and arrange a time to discuss with Simon Ross in more detail.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, offering integrated services across the full property and infrastructure life cycle. Our experts in programme and project management, construction delivery, cost consultancy and facilities management thrive within our collaborative and entrepreneurial culture, constantly striving to find better solutions to complex infrastructure and property challenges.
Our customers are at the core of what we do, and we continue to grow and expand to better serve their property needs across sectors and geographies. Our talented and professional people work from within our customers\’ organisations, constantly asking challenging questions and driving value at every turn. We believe it is our relentless passion for finding a better way that helps us to deliver the best projects safely and efficiently, while defining industry best practice.
Since its beginnings, Mace has endeavoured to find a better way for our clients, communities and the property industry, to constantly challenge the status quo and make the seemingly impossible possible. As an international consultancy and construction company involved in some of the world’s most important and iconic building and infrastructure projects, Mace sees this ongoing dedication to excellence not only as an essential part of what makes the company tick, but also as a responsibility as an industry leader