Atkins Middle East
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to form part of the Project Management Consultant (PMC) Project Team based in Fadhili, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The main objective of the PMC is to oversee the Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) Contractor, implement and manage the overall Development Programme, which includes on-site and off-site infrastructure works, and the design, build, own, operate and transfer (BOOT) of a Bachelor Camp. The team shall be expected to assist the Client in ensuring the project is completed within the required timescale, budget and achieve the Client’s quality requirements. The project is expected to last for approximately 3 years.
• The project manager will execute his duties to the highest possible standards. It is expected that the project manager’s role will ensure sound people and project management, and will require include but not be limited to the following key functions:
• Implementing an appropriate and effective project or programme management framework, incorporating necessary review processes as required.
• Defining and implementing criteria for control and management of the project.
• Coordinating and directing end-user input throughout the project lifecycle.
• Appraising options and submitting them to the client for approval.
• Coordinating the value management strategy.
• Managing the project budget, including risk allowances.
• Monitoring and controlling changes / variations following approval by the client.
• Determining and managing risks that may affect the project in any way, particularly schedule, budget or quality / specifications.
• Facilitating effective communication and action as main point of contact between the client and site delivery team.
• Ensuring the site delivery team receives the necessary stakeholder decisions in a timely fashion.
• Establishing a mechanism to ensure collaborative problem solving with the project team, which will involve regular dialogue with contractors, team working and risk-sharing.
• Negotiating and converting contracts as required by the project
• Overseeing the award of contracts and ensuring that the client is adequately protected.
• Chairing meetings and ensure minutes are actioned in a timely manner.
• Providing timely regular and accurate reporting on the project progress, costs and quality as determined by the project director.
• Accurately checking and signing off on all payment certificates and invoices.
• Ensuring accurate finalisation of client accounts, provide substantiated recommendations for variations and ensure contractors and consultants are paid in accordance with contract schedules.
• Look for opportunities to improve the client’s position in regard to return and value.
• Identify and resolve disputes quickly and reasonably.
• Developing and maintaining good relationships with client representatives, consultants, contractors and adjoining property owners.
• Managing and coordinating the project handover phase with contractors, client contractors, tenants and building managers.
• Receiving and reviewing detailed reports on the project from the site delivery team.
• Establishing formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the client.
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related discipline
• 10 years post qualification experience in Project Management
• Minimum last 5 years as a Senior PM or PM
• Proven ability to support the Project Director on the delivery of all project management aspects of the project
• Must have worked on camp accommodations preferably in the oil & gas industry as a PM from inception to completion.
• 360 Project Management experience with a leading PMC
• Middle East experience essential
• Experience working specifically in KSA on Aramco projects would be advantageous
• Arabic (native); Fluent English (second language) preferred
We offer an excellent package which includes
• A competitive salary;
• Accommodation allowance;
• Transportation allowance;
• 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).