These will include but not be limited to the following daily tasks;
• Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone: answering or referring inquirers
• Check voice mail, and pass on any messages to concerned parties
• Manage and answer the telephone system
• Answer calls, direct calls, take messages as appropriate
• Screen calls for managers, and announce those calls as directed
• Make business international calls for staff and log them
• Log incoming and outgoing mail
• Log all incoming faxes
• Log incoming and outgoing courier requirements
• Distribute internal mail as per the requirement
• Book meeting rooms to ensure maximum occupancy and efficiency in bookings
• Maintain the general decorum of the reception area
• Refreshments Booking for meeting as per requested
• Consolidating Internal Customer Feedback
• Making the Article for SDM Insider for the Department
• Updating BUS CHRONOLOGICAL BOARD and Distribute to AAM’s for posting.
• Updating the Pantry Supply Issuance Record
• Updating the Crockery and Cutlery stock-take
• Assisting the Housekeeping Coordinator as and when required
• Updating the Uniform and DN’s Tracker
• Maintaining Logbooks (Store Key Log, Out and Incoming log books)
As and when required:
• Maintain stationary supplies
• Log incoming and outgoing courier requirements
• Check courier invoices (TNT, DHL) and liaise with support office for approval
• Ensure mobile phone numbers are up to date on the Dubai Metro telephone directory at all times
• Administration work support for staff within Dubai Metro and in agreement with the Facilities Manager
• Archiving of departmental documents
• Ideally a degree holder or diploma in any discipline;
• A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in fast paced demanding administrative environment;
• Understanding of handling of a busy switchboard
• A dynamic, high energy individual who possess good English skills. Arabic communication skills is an added advantage.
• Proven experience of prioritizing large scale of administration workloads.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
• A mature and responsible approach to work and use initiative to solve problems and be able to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organisation;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information;
• Ability to demonstrate both good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role;
• Possess strong MS Office skills including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point applications and ability to learn new software based applications.
Additional / special features of the role
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.