Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
In an international firm like Deloitte, our strong global presence is complemented by our local reach and market knowledge. A career in Financial Advisory with Deloitte Corporate Finance Limited will equip you with a deep understanding of the local and regional business landscape, enabling you to identify opportunities and risks to our clients’ businesses. In addition, your breadth of vision will be engaged, as you match our global resources to our clients’ advantage. Our FA practice encompasses a broad range of specializations and services but whose common goal is to offer strategic services to clients throughout every phase of the economic cycle. With such a wealth of specializations, you will have the opportunity to pick the one most suited to you. Here’s one specific opportunity to experience working in Financial Advisory:
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Director covering the KSA region as part of the wider GCC Restructuring Services (“RS”) team. Working on high profile assignments in KSA and across the Middle East with some of the best in the field, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, within a highly commercial, client focused environment.
At an Assistant Director level we expect candidates to lead Corporate Restructuring engagements (Turnaround & Performance Improvement, Financial Restructuring, Crisis Management) on a day to day basis with Partner/Director oversight.
• Project managing engagements, providing support to the partner in managing external stakeholders as well as managing other service line teams involved
• Taking a lead role in supporting management teams in preparing and challenging business plans, short term cash flow forecasts and restructuring plans
• Developing, analysing and presenting restructuring options using input from other teams, e.g. insolvency or tax analysis
• Liaising with the Company’s lawyers to understand key aspects of legal documentation and also drive any documentation processes (term sheets, waivers, loan documentation etc.)
• Managing small teams with effective delegation and development opportunities for individual team members
• Understanding and actively managing the Firm’s risk from take-on through to completion of engagements
• Participate in larger regional engagements and wider ‘go-to-market’ initiatives
Operational Restructuring experience
• Ideally the candidate would have experience of operational restructuring (cost reduction, performance improvement plans, margin improvement programmes) gained either as a consultant or in a corporate / industry based role
• The candidate would lead performance improvement reviews at clients and be able to demonstrate commercial and operational understanding as well as just understanding ‘the numbers’.
Actively support corporate restructuring business development activities using their own contact network as well as supporting partner / director – led marketing and sales activities
• Lead RS in-country on a day-to-day basis
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders (cross-FA service lines, DTME local partners, key local family offices, lenders etc.)
• Maintain in-country leads lists and ensure communication of action plans to wider RS leadership team
• Identify and pursue potential opportunities (corporates in distress, or in need of performance improvement support) using own network as well as Deloitte’s business development programme
• Identify opportunities to expand projects as well as opportunities to provide wider Deloitte services to existing clients
• Lead marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels or events
• Broad Corporate Restructuring experience (financial and operational)
• An accounting or equivalent financial qualification
• Understanding of debt markets, banking, loan agreements and other relevant financial and legal documentation
• Good understanding of the local restructuring and wider marketplace, its trends and key players (potential clients, principals and advisers)
• A good and developing network of relevant contacts in the market
• Very strong analytical skills – including: business analytics, business planning, short term cash flows, financing options;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and evidence of leading clients/ providing advice in difficult situations
• Strong leadership skills and evidence of leading (at least in part) different stakeholders in restructuring situations
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to lead small teams and develop people
• Commitment and willingness to work under pressure, sometimes long hours always putting the client at the centre
• Ambition to learn and develop further
About the Company
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in 140 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and deep local expertise to help clients succeed wherever they operate. Deloitte\’s 165,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence. Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is the Middle East member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (DTT), one of the world’s top tier leading professional services firms. It is the longest established professional services firm in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence for over 80 years. With a team of 1700 employees, it operates in 15 ME countries with over 25 offices.
Deloitte\’s professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Deloitte\’s professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, a Swiss Verein, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity.