NSI & Bluefin Talent
A leading technology company based in Singapore is looking for a ‘Senior Data Administrator’ to join their team. This position is based in Singapore/Thailand.
• Manage MySQL databases – including installation, maintenance, optimisation, etc.
• Collaborate with development teams on database designs, optimizing queries and overall database performance
• Architectural guidance and support future data management decisions
• Triage and resolve any issues with replication, backup, recovery, slow queries
• Automate DBA tasks as much possible
• 5+ years of DBA experience
• Proficient in at least one of the scripting language (Shell/Perl/Python)
• Demonstrated experience in administering MySQL at scale
• Advanced knowledge in building, operating and scaling MySQL systems
• Expertise in MySQL performance optimizations and designing HA systems
• Experience with schema design
• Experience with automation tools
• Extensive experience on UNIX and/or Linux
• Experience with cloud based databases (e.g. AWS)
• Good to have exposure to NoSQL data stores like MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis
• Good communications and ability to work well with peers
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.