MPH CONSULTING SERVICES DMCC
10 – 16 years
Riyadh – Saudi Arabia
Bachelor of Technology/Engineering.
MPH is a part of the international MPH Global Services an Assystem Company (www.mphglobal.net) being result of the merger between MPH and ASSYSTEM in 2011 and hence is part a company of 1 billion USD also thereby extending its reach to other segments excelled by Assystem. We provide technical assistance to several industries/sectors (Oil, Gas, Construction, Petrochemical, Water treatment Cement, Railway/Tram/Metro, Aeronautical)
Rotation: Resident 6 days per week
Duration: One year renewable (the project will last for 2 years at least)
Our client ( a leader in the Railway industry ) is looking for “Senior EPC Claims Manager” with proven experience in the railway industry.
Purpose of the job:
Take a lead role on claims management for a main contractor on a large rail project
• Take a lead role on claims management for a main contractor on a large rail project
• Identify, investigate and compile complex delay/quantum claims, acceleration, disruption and breaches of contract.
• Have a sound understanding of the calculation of quantum of damages and have the ability to either perform delays analysis or understand the principles of such concepts or vice versa.
• Prepare counterclaims and advice on prolongation costs, disruption, programme critiques and delay analysis critiques.
• Establish and maintain professional business relations with clients
• Review the scope of works with the Project Managers and CTO, keep the baseline updated
• Provide advice on how to minimize the costs of legitimate claims and optimizing the financial result of the project
• Management of risk/claim assessments
• Provide presentation, negotiation and amicable solution support as necessary
Industry Type : Metro / Railway / Train
Functional Area : Engineering
Desired Candidate Profile
• Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or similar Engineering discipline is essential.
• Further educational qualification such as MRICS/MCIOB/other – LLM/MSc Construction Law is preferred
• Must have professional recognition from an engineering or disputes membership body such as MCIArb / MCInstCES
Technical Knowledge / Experience-
• A minimum of 5 years of experience, within EPC/design build, buildings, ports, marine, infrastructure projects of high value
• Over 10 years large claims experience with contractors, with proven results
• FIDIC contracts experience will be useful
• Must be fluent in English language with strong skills in MS Word and MS Excel
• Experience in success of the delivery and execution of highly complex, high value claims for delay or quantum side for contractors
Skills and Competencies:
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
• Strategic sense
• Sense of anticipation
• Ability to listen and influence
• Ability to analyze and summarize
• Negotiation skills
• High resistance to stress
• Team work skills
Senior EPC Claims Manager Claims Manager Claims Management EPC Claims railway Quantity Surveying MRICS MCIOB MCIArb MCInstCES FIDIC Claims