This role reports directly to the MD and will represent the firm in communications with the client, consultants and contractors from post contract award, on assigned projects. The role will be actively involved in the design phase of the assigned projects. Technically assess contractor’s submittals in accordance with relevant discipline-focused strategy and procedures, contract specification.
• Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to the project to achieve time, cost, quality and safety objectives
• Be actively involved in Design, monitor and report on the production of information with respect to the discipline-related services submittal progress
• Review submitted shop drawings and material submittals (and the like) against the drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements and international best practice
• Check and ensure co-ordination between discipline-related services works and all other disciplines
• Provide technical input and experience to resolve discipline-related engineering issues on the Project
• Monitor the consultant’s performance to ensure that they are fulfilling their roles and responsibilities (if applicable).
Do you have 15+ years experience in Mechanical Design? Have substantial experience designing large Healthcare projects from start to finish? Have worked under International standards and guidelines? Have excellent communication and client facing skills?
• Master’s degree in the related discipline
• 10+ years of experience in a similar role
• Demonstrated knowledge of specific discipline techniques, procedure, codes of practice and relevant international standards
• Demonstrated experience and capability in all aspects of relevant discipline engineering
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive client relationship and professional firm image
• Ability to understand, identify and assess project risk
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
• Ability to organize, lead, and motivate people
• Member of Professional Engineering Society
• PE; P.M.P an advantage
• Specialist knowledge: Healthcare
About the Company
Recruitment Solutions Beyond Boundaries
At Aquila Consulting we believe in exceptional, result-orientated, professional services for our clients and job seekers alike. Trusted partners, providing practical, targeted solutions, our experienced consultants work collaboratively to engage talented individuals with business critical roles.
We provide expertise across a diverse range of industries and functions, and are partners for senior, highly confidential, technical and niche / hard to fill roles including:
C-Suite and Board Level Search, Senior / Executive Level Search, Technical / Specialty Search, Account Management and, Nationalisation
For our clients, the difference is the rigor and passion Aquila consultants bring to the process. We deliver a high degree of personalised service, employing a thorough and systematic approach, with the agility required in a rapidly changing environment. We understand that placing candidates into business critical roles in your organisation is a hugely important commitment that can affect short, medium and long term performance.
For our candidates, we pride ourselves on building relationships every step of the way. We aim to create an experience that is collaborative, consultative, informative and responsive, ultimately assisting you in finding and securing your next career goal.