Atkins Middle East
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
Senior MEP Engineer responsible for Electro-mechanical building services engineering design, from concept design through to construction issue and site supervision. Ability to communicate well in English both verbally and written. Client facing experience is vital. Previous site is preferable.
Candidate shall have ability to manage a team, and assist HOD in day to day running of the department, for resources, project progress, QA/QC.
• Mechanical/Electrical services engineering design, from concept design through to construction issue and site supervision
• Ability to handle challenging environment of project programmes and deliverables
• Experience with managing a team of engineers and CAD/Revit to deliver projects
• Carrying out design calculations on a variety of buildings i.e. residential, commercial, educational, leisure facilities, industrial etc
• Design according to local utilities rules, regulations and design guides
• Design to British, American and International design standards
• Preparing technical specifications
• Preparing drawings for drafting by in-house CAD/Revit team
• Instruct Engineers and CAD/Revit operators in all project related matters and responsible for the checking of all CAD works done
• Coordinate with Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers and any other external design consultants
• To understand and implement Atkins ME Quality Assurance procedures
• Site surveys and inspections
• Any other duties as may be required from time to time
• Experience with client meetings and ability to communicate clearly
• Review of BOQ and preparation of technical analysis
• Good use of Excel, word, power point software
• Good presentation skills
• Degree qualified – minimum requirement of BEng (Mechanical/or Electrical)
• 10-12 years minimum experience of Mechanical and electrical building engineering
• Experience of local utilities rules, regulations and design guides
• Understanding of British, American and International design standards
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, detailed knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is essential
• Experience in mutli-disciplinary co-ordination on complex projects
• Team management
• Ability to work under challenging environment and tight timescales
• Must have integrity, initiative, and be flexible and proactive
• Must demonstrate ability to act independently as part of a team
• Good team worker, able to communicate effectively with colleagues
• Experience in delivering complex projects (Mixed Use, Hotels, Residential, Retail)
• Ability to integrate and co-ordinate in house and with external sub-consultants to deliver projects for Atkins
• Good presentation skills and ability to present technical information to an audience
• Report to HOD and ability to provide accurate reports on progress and project related issues
• Knowledge of design software such as Hevacomp, and other mechanical services software would be beneficial
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• 22 working days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).