New York, United States
• International Commercial Stone Contracting Firm
• Location: New York, USA
• Competitive Salary Package
Continued project growth of major commercial projects in New York, USA has created this exceptional opportunity as a Senior Project Manager with our client, an international commercial stone contracting firm from Canada with offices across Canada, the USA, Australia, Hong Kong, Monaco, Italy and South East Asia. Following the recent award of numerous supply contracts, our client seeks to appoint a Senior Project Manager to lead the stone package for a major commercial refurbishment and extension project valued at $750M.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer – Global and managing a startup team, the responsibilities for this role include:
• Train, develop and manage project managers, superintendents and assistant level staff including providing input on performance evaluations.
• Develop and manage client relationships.
• Manage multiple projects or individual larger projects/accounts, including management of SPD / Interiors Project Managers.
• Generate new sales.
• Lead competitive bid teams and respond to all other proposals.
• Develop and negotiate business development contracts with owners.
• Management of project budget and profitability.
• Manage and develop staff as assigned, including providing input on performance evaluations.
• Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
• Ensure all risk management controls are deployed and utilized.
• Direct and manage preconstruction and budget development.
• Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
• Ensure that quality assurance/quality control protocols are in place.
• Oversee master project schedule.
• Hold frequent, regular staff meetings on all projects to communicate appropriate information.
• Ensure payments are received on time.
• Client liaison and business development for the New York market.
The attributes we seek or this newly created role includes:
• Bachelor Degree in Construction, Architecture or Engineering or comparable experience is required with a minimum of 10+ years project management experience in the construction sector.
• Candidates must possess exposure to commercial / large residential projects with experience in the fit out contracting environment and/or stone, marble or flooring sectors being highly regarded.
• The aptitude to drive projects to completion is required with a strong attention to detail.
• Candidates with experience on the client side, contractor side and/or consultancy exposure are desirable.
• Candidates must be computer literate in MS Office and MS Project or comparable.
• US Nationals preferred although the firm is able to provide work visas for Australian nationals.
An excellent salary package, with stable employment and exceptional projects, will be offered to attract suitable candidates to this role. To apply, forward your resume in word format quoting reference #557.
About the Company
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through ‘best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.