The role for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a background of working for a leading contractor with a global presence. The position is to be based in Dubai, UAE and the successful candidate will be involved on a variety of building projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Lead the interim payment process to Sub Contractors and, where appropriate, Suppliers;
– Raising and authorization of Sub Contract variation documentation including evaluation of budgets through to final agreement;
– Ensure all Sub Contract variations are pursued under the Main Contract where appropriate;
– Monitor all incoming Sub Contractor correspondence and draft responses for issue, particularly in respect of matters of contract;
– Assist in the drafting of correspondence under the Main Contract where necessary; provide input and all supporting information necessary for compilation of Interim Payment Applications under the Main Contract as necessary;
– Provide input and all supporting information necessary for Contractor/JV monthly cost reporting, budget management and cost to complete forecasting;
– Provide input and all supporting information necessary for ongoing Risk and Opportunity management and reporting;
– Supervise and take responsibility for re-measurement of the relevant elements of the Works;
– Ensure maintenance of all necessary contemporaneous site records for use in evaluating time/cost implications of change;
– Assist in Sub Contract/Supplier procurement where necessary
– Integrate into existing commercial team and assist or take responsibility for other tasks relevant to the role as directed.
– 5 years in a SENIOR Quantity Surveyor role and been responsible for QS team, understanding there use and importance to the business.
– GCC is not essential but preferred
– Degree in Quantity Surveying (or similar)
– MRICS is an advantage
– Fluent English – both verbal & written is essential
About the Company
Taylor Sterling is as an independent search and selection recruitment firm based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. With over 7 years experience attracting talent both locally and internationally to the GCC region.
We are an organization that strives to set the standard for the industry in the Middle Eastern region and beyond. We achieve this by following our mission values that have us portrayed as an integral business partner to our clients and an honest, impartial adviser to our candidates.
The formula to our success in providing turnkey solutions for talent acquisition requirements is one of integrity, transparency and accountability, coupled with extensive regional experience and in-depth industry sector knowledge. Going that ‘extra mile’ is what really stands us out from the crowd and ensures ‘peace of mind’ for clients and candidates a like.