Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Key Tasks and Duties:
• Lead the implementation of the Drainage Network Operation & Maintenance Department (DNOMD) Risk Management Plan.
• Lead the alignment of the DNOMD Risk Management Plan with the organization’s Enterprise Risk Management Policy, Process and Procedure (ERM Framework).
• Conduct routine identification and assessment of risk to DNOMD.
• Update and maintain the DNOMD risk register supported by evidenced data.
• Identify a programme of works to mitigate key risks and monitor delivery, while minimizing customer impact.
• Communicate risk and mitigation status to Senior Management.
• Develop and update contingency plans for major assets for significant disruptive situations including Rainy Season response.
• Work with Operation & Maintenance Engineers to develop site response plans for specific critical assets.
• Appraise contractor risk and contingency plans and promote alignment with DNOMD approach.
• Identify key stakeholders in contingency plans and support stakeholder engagement.
• Test contingency plans through simulated incident exercises.
• Work with DNOMD Asset Management and Infrastructure Affairs to identify capital enhancements to assets for prioritisation and inclusion in the capital works programme.
• Support project handover to minimise DNOMD risk.
• Align risk management activities to achievement of KPIs and the organization’s vision.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant discipline from recognized university.
• Master’s degree or professional qualification in risk management
• Minimum 15 years of previous experience after obtaining degree
• Has undertaken similar task as per above key tasks and duties and able to demonstrate technical competencies and skills as per below items.
• Experience in Operational Risk Management in a utility context.
• Water and Wastewater Treatment, Network or Pumping Station operational / asset management experience.
• Preferably able to speak and write in Arabic.
• Must be able to work on own initiative.
• Proven problem solver and scenario planner.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.