Parsons is the consultant of the construction supervision contract of a major road/highway project in Doha. Scope of work includes road, drainage, utilities, landscape, structures, and traffic.
The Site Engineer will assist the Senior Site Engineer and the Resident Engineer in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project. He will participate in review and approval of all submittals by the contractors and involves in the quality control and quality assurance. He will lead the work inspectors to ensure that all construction activities have been performed as per the contract and specifications.
• Report to the Senior Site Engineer/Resident Engineer and assist in supervising the construction of roads and utilities.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other engineers and members of the construction supervision team.
• Assist the Resident Engineer in reviewing of shop drawings, design proposals, method statements and other activities.
• Coordinate with Parsons’ design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Maintain the daily diary and the daily reports by the inspectors.
• Coordinate with the Contractor engineers on scheduling and application of resources.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the inspectors and surveyors as applicable.
• Convene and chair special meetings with the Contractor, subcontractors and other parties related to his work.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Senior Resident Engineer, Resident Engineer and the Project Safety Representatives.
• Provide all necessary on-site direction and assist the Resident Engineer to issue site instructions with respect to roads work and utilities.
• Report back as necessary to the Resident Engineer.
Check and measure the performed work in his line of work record and assist the Resident Engineer to display progress vs. programmed work.
• Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings within his line of work.
• BSc Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Min of 10 postgraduate years of experience and a min. of 7 years of similar work experience on large infrastructure projects.
• Regional experience is preferred.
• Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
• Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts.
• Provides specialist services in support of project requirements.
• Independently performs highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialized principles.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.