A Leading Executive Search & Recruitment Management Consulting Firm
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Our client is a leading group of companies in the region, they are seeking to recruit highly qualified Sr. Project Manager – Hotels to join their Saudi operation, and handle mega hospitalities’ projects over there.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the company, the incumbent prime objective is to ensure the quality, timing and budget of the project while expediting necessary decisions and keeping the management informed throughout the life of a project/program.
The job holder:
• Provide a tacit “smoothness” in the flow of the project that is obtained by continued job site presence.
• Owner Representatives alleviate construction “log Jams” by facilitating decisions based upon his background and experience and coordination with the rest of the team.
• In addition, he is representing the mind-set of the developer as well as the knowledge and experience of design, engineering and construction.
• Putting these elements together helps guide the project in achieving the overall company goals.
• Value engineering & design optimization is a key to this role.
• Represent the developer on a continuous basis at the construction site including preparing the daily field report.
• Raise and/or resolve any project issues with architecture/engineering, the Construction Manager, contractors, vendors or the developer
• Administer the activities that are responsibility of the developer
• Monitor progress of the work and facilitate expedition when necessary to obtain compliance with project schedules
• Prepare/communicate biweekly reports of project progress to developer and/or its affiliates
• Attend all job meetings representing the developer interests
• Conduct special meetings to resolve problems
• Serve as administrative communication link between the developer and project implementation team
• Insure waiver of lean and sworn statement and other certified documents are in place
• Draft change orders to adjust the work, due to changes in scope or unexpected conditions (subject to developer’s ultimate approval). The drafting of change orders should be done by the prime contractor in conjunction with the architect of record then reviewed by the project manager (Faithful & Gould), and then reviewed and approved by the developer.
• Keep all developer’s copies of project documents, in an up-to-date, orderly manner
• Inform developer of pertinent and potentially controversial issues, and recommend and implement solutions to same
• Work with architecture/engineering and the contractors to prepare issue/punch lists to keep the project on track relative to cost, schedule, quality, and performance
• Set up appropriate reporting standards to follow-up and report regular progress. (This should include an outstanding issues log with responsibilities assigned, shop drawing log RFI log with indication any additional costs in the event of addition costs the entity that caused the additional cost should be identified. The project schedule should also include the two-week look ahead along with safety reports and daily field notes.)
• Oversee bidding process for construction contracts and selection of suppliers
• Optimize costs at all stages, and achieve total cost of projects within budgets
• Conduct daily site visits to supervise execution and quality control during the construction phase
The ideal candidate:
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable institution, Master degree in the same are preferred.
• Minimum of 15+ years or more of work experience in construction and project management mainly handling hospitality mega projects
• Hands-on working comprehensive experience gained from being working on the contractor side as well as developer side.
• Hands-on working experience in managing relationship with subcontractors, consultants, project managers and any other third-party or stake-holder.
• Registered and licensed Engineer.
• Certified Project Management, PMP
• In-depth knowledge in FIDIC is a must.
• Excellent writing skills to communicate and summarize complicated situations
• Computer skills including spreadsheet application, AutoCAD, Primavera, MS Project, Excel…etc.
• Ability to establish priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks
• Ability to modify plans and behavior when necessary to meet a goal
• Accomplishes a task thoroughly with concern for all aspects, no matter how small
• Ability to work well in an entrepreneurial environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Proven ability to operate under pressure
• Maintains the normal standards of ethics, conduct and organizational policies
• Demonstrates leadership capability and competence
• Ability to operate ‘lean’ and handle multiple simultaneous tasks
About the Company
A leading executive search & recruitment management consulting firm in Dubai.