Most of us, especially the people living in India, would have heard about the numerous health benefits of ayurveda, right?
Well, lately, the greatness of ayurveda has spread globally and many people all over the world have been turning to this field of medicine to seek treatment for their ailments.
Ayurveda is a field of medical science, which mainly uses natural ingredients and natural therapies to treat a whole array of disorders, both physiological and psychological.
It is said the great sages and scholars of that time, designed this system, after carefully evaluating the medicinal properties of various natural ingredients such as flowers, plants, herbs, etc.
Ayurveda is said to be one of the safest and greatly effective systems of medicines, which is why many people now have been turning to ayurveda. Now, one may wonder why ayurveda is considered to be safe, right? Think of the times you had to take strong medications, like antibiotics for a viral infection.
Most of us would have experienced side effects like indigestion, hair fall, etc!
Papaya is a common, tasty fruit that most of us like. According to ayurveda, papaya has the ability to treat and even cure certain diseases.
Have a look at them, below:
1. Dengue: Certain powerful enzymes present in papaya fruit and leaves come with antibacterial properties that can treat and cure the deadly dengue virus, which is very common lately.
2. Indigestion: Ayurveda says that consuming papaya on a regular basis can stimulate the production of healthy digestive juices and treat indigestion effectively.
3. Obesity: The vitamin C present in papaya can boost your metabolic rate and help your body to get rid of the fat accumulation faster, thus treating obesity naturally. However, a healthy diet and exercise regime must also be followed.
4. Heart Ailments: Ayurveda opines that papaya fruit has a rich amount of healthy antioxidants which improve the flow of blood from the arteries to the heart, thus keeping your heart healthy.
5. Joint Pain: Papaya contains a compound called papain, which comes with anti-inflammtory properties that can naturally treat conditions like joint pain and back pain, effectively.
6. Macular Degeneration: Macular degeneration is a disorder of the eyes which causes blurred vision and even blindness. The beta-carotene present in papaya can help reverse the degeneration of cells in the eyes to treat this condition.
7. PCOS: Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is caused by hormonal imbalance, in which the woman experiences irregular periods, which are sometimes painful. PCOS can also cause infertility in women. Papaya can increase the production of oestrogen hormone in the body, thus treating PCOS naturally.