Wednesday , October 12 2016
Home / News / World / Paris attacks: ‘ISIS’ supporters laud carnage on social media

Paris attacks: ‘ISIS’ supporters laud carnage on social media


With France reeling from the series of attacks that struck the heart of the city in Paris with bombings and multiple shooting that have left over 150 dead, many supporters and sympathisers of ISIS took to social media to celebrate the brutal carnage using the hashtag ‘parisisburning’.

A tweet said, “God is great and thank God for these lone wolf attacks. At least 100 hostages and countless wounded.”

There were messages boasting predictions of similar horrific attacks in Washington DC and London.

An ISIS sympathiser tweeted after the attack saying the attack would be imprinted on the minds of every Parisian they way it has been established in the minds of Americans after 9/11.

However, the extremist terrorist organisation is yet to officially take responsibility for the deadly attacks. Their customary method of doing so usually includes the circulation of a video or an audio recording justifying their attack or execution.

Eyewitnesses reportedly saw gunmen shout out ‘it’s for Syria’ and ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is great) before opening fire and slaughtering around 100 people inside the Bataclan concert hall where music fans were attending a concert.

Co-incidentally, the attacks came in the wake of emerging reports that British ISIS terrorist ‘Jihadi John’ known for beheading prisoners (mostly American) in mass circulated videos, had been killed by a US drone strike in Syria.

U.S President Barack Obama had said in an interview on Friday morning that his government had managed to ‘contain’ the ISIS but was yet to ‘decapitate’ their command and control structures.

In an attack that is being touted as the deadliest of its kind that Paris has faced since World War II which has left the nation reeling from grief, French President Hollande in a strong message swore to the country that he intends to take revenge on those who committed the ‘barbaric’ act.

The deadly attack reportedly began in the French capital at a soccer stadium where a match was underway as explosions set off. Simultaneously, terrorists armed with AK-47s and bombs strapped to them began attacking in different sites throughout the city.

A bloodbath was reported from the Bataclan concert hall where around 100 people were killed as terrorists opened fire for 15 minutes and even shot hostages at point blank range.

The death toll of the carnage is reportedly around 160 and over 200 are injured.

Paris Prosecutor Francois Molins has said that all attackers are believed to be dead, however, a manhunt has been launched to capture any remaining possible accomplices.

A city-wide curfew has been enacted, the first in Paris since 1944. (ANI)

Read Also


Dog wins best dressed competition for his resemblance to Trump