Tuesday , October 18 2016
Home / News / India / Pathankot attack: Four terrorists killed, two being engaged by security forces, says Sukhbir

Pathankot attack: Four terrorists killed, two being engaged by security forces, says Sukhbir


Pathankot : Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Sunday confirmed that four terrorists have been killed, while two others are being engaged by security forces at the Pathankot Air Force Station base.

“At the moment, our understanding is four terrorists have been killed and two are being engaged now,” Badal told a press conference here.

Stating that the BSF deployment on the Punjab border is inadequate, he said: “In comparison to Jammu and Kashmir, the deployment of BSF personnel on the Punjab border is inadequate.”

“We are writing to the Central Government in this regard,” he added.

The Deputy Chief Minister further said the Centre should increase deployment of BSF personnel in the fencing area along the International Border, as the Pathankot attack was second terrorist attack in Punjab in the past six months.

On July 27 last year, terrorists struck at the Dinanagar police station in Gudaspur district of Punjab, killing seven people – three civilians, Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh and three home guards.

In the wake of terrorist attacks in Gurdaspur and Pathankot districts, Sukhbir said, “A commando battalion will be established in Pathankot district.”

He said the Punjab Police would act as the second line of defence, whereas the BSF would be first line of defence.

In the course of combing operation at the Pathankot airbase, a blast was reported from inside in which a Lt. Col. lost his life. Five inured commandos are being treated at a hospital.

The total number of martyrs during the combing operation has reached seven so far. (ANI)

Read Also


Kavita Dixit exhibits art in novel way at second studio exhibition