New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of “surrendering” to Pakistan by allowing officials, including one from ISI, from that country to probe in India the January terror attack at the IAF base in Pathankot.
Kejriwal made the allegation in the media hall of the Delhi assembly shortly after Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia had unveiled the budget for the national capital for 2016-17.
With Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) legislators holding a large Indian flag and hand-painted banners as the backdrop, Kejriwal went aggressive vis-a-vis the prime minister.
Kejriwal said that successive Indian governments had been stating for three decades that it was Pakistan and its intelligence agency ISI which had sponsored terrorism against India.
He questioned the logic behind allowing a Pakistani team access to the Indian Air Force base at Pathankot where Pakistani terrorists killed seven Indian security personnel on January 2.
“They (Pakistani state) have come to collect evidence of the very attack they sponsored?” the chief minister asked mockingly.
“Till now we (India) have said that it was all Pakistan-sponsored terrorism. For 30 years this has been the Indian government’s position. Is this changing?
“If it is Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, how can they probe the attack?”
The AAP leader said that instead of letting the Pakistanis in, Indian investigators, including from the Intelligence Bureau, should have gone to Pakistan.
“We don’t know the reason behind this move. Without reason, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has surrendered to Pakistan,” he added.
AAP legislators raised slogans like “Pakistan go back” and “ISI go back”.
A Pakistani team is in India to investigate the terror attack in Pathankot in Punjab.
Tourism Minister Kapil Mishra added: “Pakistan will kill us. Pakistan will also probe. Pakistan will also be the judge. And they will decide our fate.
The Pakistanis, he said, were being fed “biryani” by the Modi government.