1. The former Chairperson, UGC and at present Chairperson ICSSR Sukhdeo Thorat,Prakash Ambedkar, Bharatiya Republican Party, Bahujan Maha Sangh, Meena Kandaswamy, writer and poet, P. Sainath, Senior Journalist, Prof. G. Haragopal, Human rights activist, Prof. Kancha Illiah, MANUU, Prof. P.L. Vishweshwar Rao, Osmania University, V.T Rajshekhar, Editor, Dalit voice, Varavara Rao, writer, Anoop Kumar, Round Table India, People’s singer Vimala, Manda Krishna Madiga, MRPS, Mallepally Lakshmiah, Ambedkar Study Circle, students from Osmania University, EFLU, MANUU, JNU, Pondicherry University, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, TISS Hyderabad, JNTU, alicut University, Wardha University, Lady Shree Ram College and several districts of Telangana and Andhra, cultural activists and other democratic and progressive sections of the society turned up in large numbers for the ‘Chalo HCU’ event.
2. Joint Action Committee for Social Justice (UoH) met the student Joint Action Committees across the country and formed an ALL INDIA JOINT ACTION COMMITTEE FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE. ALL INDIA JOINT ACTION COMMITTEE FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE gives a call for ‘ALL INDIA UNIVERSITY STRIKE’ on 27th January demanding the arrest of the culprits booked under SC/ST Atrocities Act and abetment of suicide.
3. ALL INDIA JOINT ACTION COMMITTEE FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE demands the immediate sacking of MHRD minister Smriti Irani.
4. ALL INDIA JOINT ACTION COMMITTEE FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE demands for a systemic change that provides legislative protection to students from marginalized communities in higher education. Introduce and Implement Rohith Act.
5. ALL INDIA JOINT ACTION COMMITTEE FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE demands the implementation of the THORAT COMMITTEE REPORT which outlines academic policy and administrative procedures that guard against discrimination being meted out to students from marginalized communities.
6. University of Hyderabad has stepped into 9th day of University strike and seven students sitting on INDEFINITE HUNGER STRIKE have stepped into the 3rd day. Dalit
women writers and activists Joopaka Subhadra, MATTIpoolu, Gogu Shyamala, Vemula Sridevi, R.Vaani, Telangana Women Employees General Secretary, Padma Allam,Ammala Sangam, P. Manjula, Osmania University Student leader have joined the Hunger strike in solidarity with the fighting spirit of Rohith Vemula’s mother and the protesting students.
7. The independent fact finding team Justice Suresh Committee consisting of retired lawyers and judges will do a press meet today at 4 pm at University of Hyderabad and submit their findings.
8. Joint Action Committee for Social Justice reiterates that we OPPOSE the appointment of Vipin Srivastava as the in-charge Vice-Chancellor. Apart from him being the Chairperson of the sub-committee, Executive Council that took the atrocious decision,he is yet another institutional murderer in 2008 of Senthil Kumar, a research scholar in Department of Physics. The entire academic community should feel ashamed.
9. In a Counter Affidavit (W.P. No. 28073 of 2015) filed by Mr. Murgesh Kumar Singh, Inspector General of Police (Law & Order), O/o the DGP, Telangana State, Hyderabad on 31st October, he stated To quote:
“It is submitted that in the allegation of the petitioner that she came to know that her son dialled 100 and also informed SL of Police Gachibowli Mr. Naveen, then in presence of the two constables her son was beaten up & handed over to the attackers is not true. In fact, on receipt of information, the Sub-Inspector of Police Mr. Naveen informed to the night patrolling duty incharge Mr.S.Ramu (HC 1472) of Gachibowli Police Station. On the instructions of S.J. Naveen Kumar, the said HC 1472 along with two police constables immediately reached the spot and no such alleged incident occurred in their presence. Hence, the allegation of the petitioner is false, baseless and
the same is denied.”
“For the reasons stated above, it is, therefore, prayed that this Hon’ble Court, may be pleased to dismiss the writ petition and to pass such other order or orders at this Hon’ble Court may deem fit and proper in the circumstances of the case.“ Commissioner of Police, Cyberabad C.V Anand filed a counter affidavit on 3rd October.
Murgesh Kumar Singh, Inspector General of Police (Law & Order), O/o the DGP,Telangana State filed a counter affidavit on 31st October. Both the affidavits clearly stated that the allegations put forward by Susheel Kumar are false, baseless and the same is denied. On what basis did the sub-committee, Executive Council take the decision of social boycott and suspension?
The documentary maker of ‘Muzaffarnagar Baaqi hai’ Nakul Singh Sawhney is coming today to University of Hyderabad to meet the protesting students. The entire episode of events that unfolded in University of Hyderabad started in the context of the protest movie screening of ‘Muzaffarnagar Baaqi hai’ by Ambedkar Student Association (ASA). Joint Action Committee for Social Justice will be screening the movie tonight at 10 pm (26th January) in protest against the injustice meted out to the Dalit research scholars which eventually led to the death of Rohith Vemula.