Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
The Product Development Manager supports the Director of Commodity Services in building DMCC’s strength in the Commodities space by developing and implementing new products and services that will develop into commercially viable initiatives and grow the trade of commodities through Dubai. DMCC has increased the breadth and depth of coverage across commodity sectors. To stay on top of emerging opportunities and trends DMCC must understand all commodity markets, be constantly in touch with experts and innovators in order to introduce the future suite of platforms and initiatives that will continue to develop the trade of a growing set of commodities through Dubai. The job holder’s objectives will include creating business case studies and models for DMCC to explore new growth opportunities and make investment decisions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. New Product Development
– Create a product development agenda based on DMCCs objectives for developing commodities trade
– Prioritize and maintain a product development pipeline which ensure DMCC is continuously innovating and bringing necessary solutions to the market
2. Research and Communications
– Demonstrate impeccable communications and presentation skills to produce presentations, reports and communicate relevant information with regards to the industry that can be communicated to external stakeholders as well as DMCC management
– Demonstrate good research skills and good research methodologies to always look for necessary relevant information that supports decision making and is accurate and obtained in a timely manner
3. Business Feasibility
– Prepare business cases, build, stress test, conduct feasibility studies on unique opportunities brought to DMCC or developed internally
– Advise the Director of Commodity Services on benefits, disadvantages and risk of developing
4. Project Implementation and Management
– Evaluate, design and deliver new commodity products
– Manage projects to enhance the commodity product offering
Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred (no specific discipline required)
5-7 years of experience in business planning frameworksProblem solving and strong analytical capabilities
About the Company
DMCC is the authority on trade, enterprise and commodities in Dubai – home to the world’s leading businesses of today, and tomorrow.
The most successful markets create conditions that enable producers, traders and consumers to thrive. DMCC is a Dubai Government Authority (established in 2002) committed to developing these ideal conditions and has a strong track record in commodity trade facilitation where we encourage and support business through the platforms we provide. These include our Free Zone, commodity exchanges, legal and regulatory frameworks and our strong real estate offering.
Indispensable to the economic growth of the nation, at DMCC – we together with our members – deliver strong performance today, and sustainable growth tomorrow.